Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Help

Postby adaml5900 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:09 pm

I am in a 9 team 5x5 roto league. Its an auction draft keeper league. I am out of it this year and now looking at keepers. Was offered this curious what everyone thought. We can only keep a player up to 3 years. We can keep up to 5. 2 Pitchers, 2 Batters and 1 Your choice.

Fulmer ($5 )
Manaea ($5)
Benintendi ($5)
Sano ($5)
Duvall ($1)

for

Darvish ($8)
Colome ($5)
Stanton ($24)
Owings ($5)
Encarnacion ($22)

Thank You in advance for your help
adaml5900
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Help

Postby fast dogs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Salaries seems awful low, what is the $$ amount you get to spend for everyone? Is this year 1 of the league or are their contracts expiring?
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:10 pm

fast dogs wrote:Salaries seems awful low, what is the $$ amount you get to spend for everyone? Is this year 1 of the league or are their contracts expiring?

Ditto. That said, Fulmer and Manaea are not keeper worthy in a 9 team league keeping 5 imo. Benintendi is mediocre. I much rather spend the $64 (assuming a $260 or $300 league and the contracts are good for awhile) and get the likes of Stanton, Darvish and Encarnacion despite the added age and injury risk. Owings and Colome you could trade for an upgrade as neither is keeper worthy in a shallow league. Closers in particular lose value with only 9 teams around.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2499)

Postby adaml5900 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:00 am

$200 cap. Stanton and Encarnacion I dont consider keeper value. It at least an 1/8 of your cap. I can get them for same price next year
adaml5900
T-Ball Trainer

Postby fast dogs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:29 pm

It is hard for me to grasp a 9 team league where Stanton isn't worth an eighth of your salary. Isn't this a stars and scrubs setup if there ever was 1? Unless you have 15 man benches and start 5 OF and 3 utility kinda thing. Spend big on 8 or 9 players and you fill out your roster with very good players anyway. Bigger leagues you want balance in an auction; tiny 1's you want studs. Mix in a couple Sano's or Darvish's at reduced salaries and there is even more to spend on the "Big 8 or 9". Looking at available players from 10 team leagues; I'd think you could build an entire 10th team in a 9 team league with just free agents and have a respectable lineup. I'd be tempted to hold Stanton at the very least
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

Postby adaml5900 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:31 pm

I see your point with stanton. How would you feel about dee gordon (19), encarcion (22), and colome (5) for benintendi (5), manaea (5), alex wood (5), and sano (5)
adaml5900
T-Ball Trainer

Postby fast dogs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:32 am

not sure how many of those 4 you'd keep in your 5 but that is alot better.
I believe the top stars will go for more next yr than they did this yr. teams will start with value and have money to spend on high end talent
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions