The 10 day DL - OMG

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ayebatter
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

The 10 day DL - OMG

Post by ayebatter »

Good for real baseball bad for fantasy ? Everytime I look another guy on one of my rosters is out for 10, and I'd bet all of your rosters re littered with the dreaded 10.
fast dogs
T-Ball Trainer

Re: The 10 day DL - OMG

Post by fast dogs »

yes it seems bad for fantasy. takes nothing for a guy to go on anymore, especially pitchers. will have to consider going to mid-week lineup switch for weekly leagues next year
ayebatter
T-Ball Trainer

Post by ayebatter »

I've got 7 on the 10 day in one weekly league with only 1 DL spot - %-6
Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Tavish »

I actually like if for fantasy baseball. Most of the guys on the 10 day DL would be sitting out games anyways. This at least gives you a chance to hide them somewhere other than the bench and grab a replacement.
ayebatter
T-Ball Trainer

Post by ayebatter »

Tavish wrote:I actually like if for fantasy baseball. Most of the guys on the 10 day DL would be sitting out games anyways. This at least gives you a chance to hide them somewhere other than the bench and grab a replacement.

Fine if your league has the DL spots allocated - but very few have more than 1 or 2.

btw - nice to see ya Tavish
Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Tavish »

ayebatter wrote:Fine if your league has the DL spots allocated - but very few have more than 1 or 2.

The DL spot is an added bonus. It's not like teams are putting guys on the DL that would be playing anyways. Having them more proactive on moving guys to the DL is better to me than having 7 or 8 guys that are the dreaded DTD.
Pogotheostrich
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Pogotheostrich »

In leagues with daily transactions and a bench I actually like it. In weekly leagues it is a pain.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”