Return to Baseball Leftovers

Charlie Blackmon Getting Traded?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Charlie Blackmon Getting Traded?

Postby Manny-Phesto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:01 am

Don't think I've ever been here. Looks like a bunch of OG's post in this section.
Any opinions on the likelihood Charlie Blackmon gets traded this year? Seems more and more like someone has to go in that outfield. I own him in a dynasty points league and am wondering if I should consider trading him for another top 20 type bat.
Would really suck if he gets Dickerson'd :-{
Manny-Phesto
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Charlie Blackmon Getting Traded?

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:45 am

He's 30 years old and a large part of his value is in Stolen Bases. Teams don't like players to keep on running once they turn 30 for it is an injury risk for it becomes more of a risk the older they get.

So it don't mather if the Rockies trade him or not for he is a player you should be selling.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daweasle » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:12 am

I disagree - I think blackmon has at least 1 more good year in him. I wouldn't trade for him in a keeper league but if it's 2017 only - he will put up fine production for you.
daweasle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 52)

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 am

daweasle, you know Gerrit Cole was a top 30 player last year but if you traded him today you be lucky if you could get a top 100 player in return. It's all about the return and to get a top 20 type bat right now might be hopefull thinking he may have to settle for a Top 30 or even be forced to trade down to get someone to take him. No question he's a good player and he will have a good season but you can't say he will demand the same return a year from now. You don't want him to get nothing for him or next to nothing because he waited to long to get raid of him.

So holding onto him might be a risk that might not be worth taking.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ayebatter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:00 am

If you've won your league within the last 2 years trade him - if you haven't keep him for the win this year.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:24 pm

There is that. I give you that. If there is chance of a championship and he could be the piece then keep him but it is my read that he would of never posted the question if that was the fact.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers