Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Deadline Just Around the Corner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Deadline Just Around the Corner

Postby Cali Redneck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 pm

*I play in a 12 team Yahoo points league with three keepers, 2 DL slots and an NA slot to stash a prospect.*

My league is basically a two team race right now with me in second, but I've been fading lately so i'm 15 points back. We're both so far ahead of the rest of the league that it would take some craziness in the second half for anyone else to crack the top two. Are there any major moves i still need to make with my current team, or am i set for the second half?

C: Wilson Contreras
1B: Victor Martinez
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Josh Donaldson
SS: Carlos Correa
CI: Kendrys Morales
MI: Aledmys Diaz
OF: Yasiel Puig
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Billy Hamilton
UT: Josh Harrison
BENCH: Elvis Andrus, Travis Jankowski, Marwin Gonzales
DL: Lorenzo Cain
NA: Andrew Benintendi

SP: Johnny Cueto
SP: Jose Quintana
SP: Steven Wright
RP: AJ Ramos
RP: Sam Dyson
RP: Ryan Madson
P: Will Harris
P: Michael Fulmer
BENCH: Brandon McCarthy, Dallas Keuchel, Hisashi Iwakuma
DL: Clayton Kershaw
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/57195/7
Cali Redneck
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 174)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Deadline Just Around the Corner

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Nothing major. Looks pretty solid. I would look to maybe get a better player than Puig and upgrade 2b from Pedroia who is due for an injury any day now lol (actually he is well past due to get hurt lol). Your offensive bench is very weak as I can't see ever starting any of those guys unless somneone gets hurt.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Cain should be returning from the DL pretty soon so you can slot him in for Puig. That should help.
Tough luck on Kershaw (I have him too in a league where I'm contending). Another 3-4 weeks at a minimum. That hurts.
What I think bodes well for your team is the second half play of Stanton and Keuchel. I expect both will be much better than they were in the 1st half. Correa I'm not so sure about. He's striking out too much just doesn't seem to have it this year. I think he just picked up his 10th SB yesterday. Call it sophomore jinx I don't know. I wonder what he will yield on the trade market maybe you should put it out there. I know it's tough to trade a future stud but it's not every year you get this close to a title.
And I fully agree with SA Man, that hitting bench needs some improvement.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 227)

Postby Cali Redneck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:05 pm

I actually just randomly got offered a trade today that could possibly help my offensive bench. Another team in my league wants McCarthy and is willing to give me either Danny Espinosa or Adrian Beltre for him. His RP depth is also pretty horrendous so i was wondering if it might be worth it to throw in Harris or Dyson and just ask for both rather than trying to choose.

As far as upgrading from Pedroia, a different team in my league might possibly be willing to trade altuve if i can come up with a good offer involving correa. Ideas on that?
Last edited by Cali Redneck on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cali Redneck
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Cali Redneck wrote:I actually just randomly got offered a trade today that could possibly help my offensive bench. Another team in my league wants McCarthy and is willing to give me either Danny Espinosa or Adrian Beltre for him. His RP depth is also pretty horrendous so i was wondering if it might be worth it to throw in Harris or Dyson and just ask for both rather than trying to choose.

As far as upgrading from Pedroia, a different team in my league might possibly be willing to trade altuve if i can work together a package with correa. Ideas on that?

Take Beltre for McCarthy and run and hope it does not get vetoed. Forget Espinosa. Not worth paying for a guy that in reality is only hitting now because he got the fear of losing his job with all the Trea Turner talk and his lousy hitting. Imo, a regression is coming at some point.

As for Altuve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pedroia. If you can work out a deal that does not create a massive hole elsewhere, sure, but I tend to doubt you can do that.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cali Redneck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 pm

He came to his senses and backed off beltre for mccarthy straight up, but i countered by throwing in dyson and he went for it. I should mention that I'm currently first in my league in saves, with the guy in second 20 saves behind me. Still a good trade?
Cali Redneck
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dzaffrann » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:33 pm

If you're going to be down to 2 closers, even a 20-save lead could evaporate by the end of the season. Oh, and IMO not worth trading Correa to get Altuve even though SS is now deeper than 2B.
dzaffrann
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 am

Cali Redneck wrote:He came to his senses and backed off beltre for mccarthy straight up, but i countered by throwing in dyson and he went for it. I should mention that I'm currently first in my league in saves, with the guy in second 20 saves behind me. Still a good trade?

Stil a good deal. The only danger is of course if one of your closers now gets dealt into a setup role. Not much one can do but keep a close eye on the news and hope to be first to the free agent wire if and when that news breaks.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SteelCity79 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Martinez has faded a bit I would try for a 1b upgrade.2b as well
SteelCity79
Major League Manager
Major League Manager