Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

DL Issues... Who to drop. Who to stash. Who to add! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DL Issues... Who to drop. Who to stash. Who to add! WHIR

Postby etl1692 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Was hoping to stash Pence and Brantley, but now it seems like both are having setbacks. I'm ready to drop both if not maybe one of them because its getting ridiculous. Harvey will then be in my one eligible DL spot as he will be my keeper with Sale next year. Are any of these free agents worth a grab?

Hitters: Michael Saunders (OF) ; Randal Grichuk (OF) ; Marcus Semien (SS) ; Khris Davis (OF) ; Steve Pearce (1B,2B,OF) ; Howie Kendrick (1B,2B,3B,OF)

Pitchers: Colin McHugh (SP) ; Adam Conley (SP) ; Nathan Evaldi (SP) ; Jered Weaver (SP) ; Matt Moore (SP) ; Marco Estrada (SP,RP)

10 teams - H2H points league - 5 Keepers
* = Keeper

Batting:
C: Stephen Vogt
1B: Anthony Rizzo *
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Xander Bogaerts *
OF: Yoenis Cespedes ; Mookie Betts ; Gregory Polanco
Util: Trevor Story (SS)
Util: Yasiel Puig
BN: Danny Espinosa (1B,2B,3B,SS)
DL: Hunter Pence
DL: Michael Brantley

Pitching:
P: Chris Sale* ; P: Matt HarveyDL* ; P: Danny Salazar ; P: Carlos Martinez ; P: Kenta Maeda ; P: Brandon McCarthy ; SP/RP: Aaron Sanchez ; Lance McCullers ; RP: David Roberston ; RP: Francisco Rodriguez RP: Jeremy Jeffries

SCORING
Batting: R=1 H=1 2B=2 3B=3 HR=4 RBI=2 SB=2 CS=-1 BB=1 IBB=1 HBP=1 K=-1 GIDP=-1 TB=1
Pitching: IP=1 W=10 L=-5 CG=10 SHO=10 SV=5 ER=-1 BB=-1 HBP=-1 K=1 WP=-1 BLK=-1 Pick=2 NH=20 PG=25
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 181)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DL Issues... Who to drop. Who to stash. Who to add! WHIR

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Why would you keep Harvey? His type of injury is far worse historically than TJ surgery. Only keeping 5, he is not worth it imo as you already have Sale, Rizzo, Bogus, Cespedes, Betts and Story. If you need to keep a second pitcher, I would keep Salazar over him at this point. I would trade Harvey for whatever I could get right now and be done with him.

As to Pence and Brantley...Pence's set back is very minor...he is definitely worth keeping. Brantley can go. I said it before...I have no faith he can stay on the field at this point.

I would grab Saunders over the likes of Puig (what people see in him is beyond me).
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:49 pm

It's hard to drop a Pence or Brantley I know. I own Brantley in multiple leagues and I'm about done with him. This year just has the makings of a complete write off for him. I think I'd give it another week see how his progress is and then make a decision. When he's healthy he's a top 15 fantasy OF which is better than Pence. That's what makes it such a difficult decision.

Estrada should not be on the WW, his #'s the past 2 seasons have been remarkable. I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat. I'd prefer him over McCarthy for sure.
As for the batters I like Grichuk who's finally starting to show some signs of life. Also Davis has had a good season in OAK but he's a liability in leagues that penalize strikeouts.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 227)

Postby etl1692 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks guys. I think I need to drop Harvey... I'm in first place and my time is NOW!

with that being said....

I dropped Brantley DL for Randal Grichuk (I'll give him a try) It was between him or Michael Saunders...... thoughts Grichuk or Saunders?

I moved Pence to my DL spot

I dropped Harvey for Marco Estrada who is on waivers, so I am using my waiver spot (3). I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass, but I hardly use my waivers.

Thoughts?!?!? Thanks guys leave a link I will respond!
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 181)

Postby SteelCity79 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Yeah good moves,no way you keep Harvey..
SteelCity79
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1057)

Postby dzaffrann » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:34 pm

If you need another SP at some point Matt Moore is worth a look.
dzaffrann
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions