Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Davis with a "K"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Davis with a "K"

Postby kcbrett5 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:51 am

A guy will throw me Beltre and C. Gomez ("K"man) for K. Davis and B. Burns, just sent down.

It is an AL only 12 team Keeper. Keeper statis does not matter for this trade. I am in 3rd right now, My power is very good, my speed is not that good.

With the A's, you never know who may be traded. Will Burns be back up at any time? For me to get some SB

Gomez is terrible, will he turn it around at all?
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Re: Davis with a "K"

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Gomez is garbage at this point. Doubt he has much value even in AL-only. Burns has little value as well as you noted.

As for Beltre vs. K. Davis, the former is the much better overall player while the latter is having a better year (so far) but I am not sold on him long term. Really comes down to needs and keeper situation.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby birdbrains » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:11 pm

I would do it...i see it as Davis vs K Davis and I think Gomez has a higher upside...i dont think he is done...just a bad yr..
Beltre vs K Davis I take Beltre

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=494729
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 146)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:52 pm

birdbrains wrote:I would do it...i see it as Davis vs K Davis and I think Gomez has a higher upside...i dont think he is done...just a bad yr..
Beltre vs K Davis I take Beltre

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=494729

Gomez was declining last year and nothing in his swing for the fences, high k approach would lead one to believe he has just not regressed as he has gotten older. While he may not be as bad as we are seeing now, I believe the days of him being an elite option are over. He has been released and left unclaimed in a lot of 10 and 12 team mixed leagues for a reason. I certainly would not be keeping him even in AL only. And as bench speculation long term, there are probably a number of better options around at this point imo.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby kcbrett5 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 pm

I did not do the deal. Thanks for the info
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions