Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big Deal in NL ONLY League(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Deal in NL ONLY League(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:01 pm

10 team, NL ONLY LEAUGE, 6 keepers from end of season team and whoever you trade for in offseason, auction league with 300 dollar cap, 5x5 roto style, salaries go up by 20% each season.

Currently in 5th place with 69 points with 4th-1st at 70, 70.5, 75 and 85.5 so I can definitely move into top 3 at least by end of season. I have the guy in first place trying to make a blockbuster deal with me to put him over the top. Just not sure if making this type of deal can help me move up. Its a money league but not that much money and not sure if I should play for second place or make a deal like this to help me out for next season? Help Please!

The OFFER:

HIS Yelich (20), Glasnow (5), Grichuk (2) OR Tomas (5) for MY Cueto (21) and Jansen (16).

MY TEAM:

C-Lucroy (22)
1B-Grandal (14)
2B-Wong (21)
3B-Flores (6)
SS-Asdrubal (11)
MI-Corey Seager (5)
CI-Blanco (5)
OF-Bruce (16)
OF-Flores (5)
OF-Holliday (20)
OF-Kemp (23)
OF-Pham (7)
U-Villar (9)
U-d'Arnaud (15)
BN-Fowler
BN-MIcha Johnson
MInors-Rodgers
Minors-Dahl

P-Cueto (21)
P-Jansen (16)
P-DeSclafani (16)
P-Peavy (12)
P-Petit (1)
P-Ryu (9)
P-Will Smith (5)
P-Strickland (6)
P-Velazquez (13)
BN-Bailey
BN-Harvey
MInors-De Leon
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Deal in NL ONLY League(WHIR)

Postby birdbrains » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:40 pm

its a good deal if you are loking for future...but you are sooo close to winning...I would not do it at all...I always try for the win if its woithin reach and yours is within reach...
I am in same position in a few of my 8 leagues and I think you have a chance...your team is good.....its not like its an atonishing upgrade for future

i hope this helps a bit

can you look at mine

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=494726
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 146)

Postby Irish Drunk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Looking at your OF for the future it looks pretty bleak in its current state. Holliday, Kemp, Bruce have all seen better days and maybe other than Bruce I don't see you keeping any of them for next season. A guy like Yelich would be most welcome. As would the raw power of Grichuk who has great value at $2. And Glasnow will be a stud.

Yes you basically pack it in for 2016 by doing this deal but you set yourself up nice for 2017 and beyond. I'd pull the trigger. Avoid Tomas, take Grichuk.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 227)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:08 am

If you are in 5th looking to get into the money, no way this deal helps imo.

As to long term, I still rather keep Cueto and Jansen at those prices than pay $20+ for Yelich and have to keep the likes of Glasnow and Grichuk\Tomas, esp in NL only.

Right now you probably are looking at keeping C. Seager, Cueto, Jansen, and 3 of Bruce, Villar, Fowler (depending on price), Lucroy. Swapping out your number 2,3 keepers for the likes of Yelich and Grichuk just to save a little moey on the Jansen slot and keep a hyped rookie prospect over one of the others is not something I would do.

My 2 cents.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions