Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need help in last place.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help in last place.

Postby garretterik » Mon May 23, 2016 11:38 am

5 x 5 yahoo head to head 12 teams. I am in last place.
I am regularly 2nd to last in every offensive category. And top 5 in every pitching category (don't anticipate this keeping up).
My offense is doomed by having my 2nd pick Pollock on the DL for the season (my 3rd and 4th pick Votto and Dozier sucking) and my trade gamble a couple weeks ago (Samrdzija for Prince Fielder not coming around).
I need some ideas. HELP PLEASE:

My team:
C Francisco Cervelli Pit - C -
1B Joey Votto Cin - 1B
2B Brian Dozier Min - 2B -
3B Todd Frazier CWS - 3B
SS Alcides Escobar KC - SS (I usually stream this position, but picked up to fill in while Kang is injured)
OF Bryce Harper Was - OF
OF Nomar Mazara Tex - OF
OF Adam Eaton CWS - OF
UTIL Kole Calhoun LAA - OF
UTIL Curtis Granderson MYM - OF
BN Prince Fielder - TEX - 1B
BN Brett Lawrie CWS - 2B,3B
BN Jung Ho Kang Pit - 3B,SS -
DL A.J. Pollock Ari - OF
DL SP Carlos Carrasco Cle - SP

SP Francisco Liriano Pit - SP
SP Vince Velazquez Phi - SP, RP
RP Kenley Jansen LAD - RP
RP Álex Colomé TB - SP,RP -
P Carlos Martínez StL - SP
P Carlos Rodon CWS - SP
P Jerad Eickhoff Phi - SP
P José Quintana CWS - SP
BN Mike Fiers Mil - SP
BN Nate Karns Sea - SP

ww: bats: Peralta (Ari-OF), Wong (StL-2B), Moralies (KC-1B), Burns (Oak-OF), Reddick (Oak-OF), R Davis(Cle-OF), Cozart(Cin-SS), Rasmus (Hou-OF), Castillo (Ari-C), Revere (Was-OF), A Russell, K Marte (Sea-SS), Napoli, Hazelbaker, Bour

arms: E Ramirez (TB-SP/RP), G Richards (LAA-SP), Colon, S Miller (Ari-SP), Dickey (Tor-SP), Cashner (SD-SP), Graveman (Oak-SP), Santana (KC-SP), Fister (Hou-SP), Pineda (NYY), Ventura (KC), Santiago (LAA), Jepsen (Min-RP), Latos, Bauer, Medlen, Glasnow/Taillon, Giolito, and Snell (would like to clear some space to hold either Taillon (he is getting called up before Glasnow people), or Giolito, or Snell when call ups start after next week once the rookie contract provisions clear)
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help in last place.

Postby x17jaw17x » Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

You've just gotten unlucky so far, with guys like Votto, Fielder, Dozier, Liriano, but I do think they will be able to turn it around. Since you have all of the OF, I'd probably try moving Mazara while he's hot, because although the dude can play, someone might buy him a bit too high, maybe trade for a pitcher and pick up either Peralta for when he's healthy or Billy Burns.
x17jaw17x
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 115)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team