Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Too early to drop Eovaldi for Happ? - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Too early to drop Eovaldi for Happ? - WHIR

Postby jbird669 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:30 am

Happ is on fire and Eovaldi is struggling mightily. Is it worth putting in a bid on Happ, or is it too soon? FWIW, Steamer has them even the ROS. Leave a link.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Too early to drop Eovaldi for Happ? - WHIR

Postby METS 24 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 am

Eovaldi will finish way better than Happ when everything is said & done. Do not panic. Happ has only had 2 decent seasons since 2010.

Thanks for the help with mine!
C-Alfaro
1B-Bellinger
2B-Altuve
3B-Machado
SS-A.Russell
MI-Schoop
CI-Moustakas
OF-J.D.Martinez/Mazara/Mancini/Haniger/Grichuk
UT-H.Ramirez
SP-Paxton/Tanaka/Ohtani/D.Duffy/Faria
RP-Rodney/Kela/Parker/Bradley/Peacock/Devenski/Edwards
DL-A.Reyes/E.Rodriguez
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Eovaldi drives the stat heads crazy since he throws hard and has generally decent stuff, but always seems to get hit lol. There is a reason for that which the stat heads would see if they actually watched a game he pitches. Namely that while he throws hard, his fastball is often straight and his movement on whatever it is he throws for a breaking pitch tends to move somewhat down and in to right handers which they can foul off fairly easy. Or more simply put, he lacks a true put out\put away pitch. As a result, hitters can run up pitch counts and\or sit on a pitch, esp. when he is not 100% on on a given night. All in all he is not the worst pitcher but is not really fantasy relavent in standard mixed leagues imo as his bad outtings will be enough to run up his era into the 4+ territory.

As for Happ, who knows. He has been pretty good since about August of last year when he apparently had some sort of epiphany\the light went on with his pitching coach. No idea how true that is. Can not really argue with the results so far.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2661)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Happ for me. So far so good. A great offense behind him and the bullpen is pretty good as well. Yankees are floundering .
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 709)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:21 pm

Surfs up wrote:Happ for me. So far so good. A great offense behind him and the bullpen is pretty good as well. Yankees are floundering .

Yankees are getting the offense we expected last season and got the season prior to that. No pop outside of Beltran and Tex (when they manage to be on the field) and McCann. ARod looks done. Headley stinks. Ellsbury looks completely worthless. Collective baseball IQ on the offensive side has to be in the low single digits as they all think they are Ted Williams and refuse to go the opposite way.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:19 am

I was listening to the Yankee game last night and they were talking about the Yankees NOT being able to drive in runs when on second or third. I think I prefer the Jays offense to the Yankees.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Surfs up wrote: I think I prefer the Jays offense to the Yankees.

That is sort of like saying I think I like Chocolate over Broccoli lol. Seriously, Yankees have a horrible offense. Men in scoring position or not, they simply are not very good.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:24 am

The word THINK should not have been included. Its like when somebody starts a sentence of with I mean ;-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions