Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Ask Every Year & Get Great Advice From You Prospect Gurus!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Ask Every Year & Get Great Advice From You Prospect Gurus!

Postby METS 24 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:09 pm

I would love to see everyone's personal top 5 for this upcoming 2016 season.

How this works:

Pick your top 5 from the following list of 11 & rank them by who you think will make the quickest major league impact.

Again, not the player you think will be the best on the list overall in their career but the person to break out in 2016.

(OF) Lewis Brinson (TEX)
(OF) Nomar Mazara (TEX)
(OF) Bradley Zimmer (CLE)
(OF) Aaron Judge (NYY)
(SS) Raul Mondesi (KCR)
(1B) A.J. Reed (HOU)
(OF) Max Kepler (MIN)
(SS) Tim Anderson (CHW)
(C) Gary Sanchez (NYY)
(SS) Jorge Polanco (MIN)
(OF) Matt Olson (OAK)
Last edited by METS 24 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Alfaro
1B-Bellinger
2B-Altuve
3B-Machado
SS-A.Russell
MI-Schoop
CI-Moustakas
OF-J.D.Martinez/Mazara/Mancini/Haniger/Grichuk
UT-H.Ramirez
SP-Paxton/Tanaka/Ohtani/D.Duffy/Faria
RP-Rodney/Kela/Parker/Bradley/Peacock/Devenski/Edwards
DL-A.Reyes/E.Rodriguez
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I Ask Every Year & Get Great Advice From You Prospect Gu

Postby eatyun » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Two of my favorites is not on there, Oswaldo Arcia and Tyler Glasnow. Both of those I think will make an impact.
As for your list
1. Max Kepler (great plate discipline) (Also Isn't he outfield?)
2. Nomar Mazara (again love the plate discipline)
3. Tim Anderson, (I mean who else is gonna play SS for the Sox?)
Beyond those, I don't really have anyone I that I think will break out this year, Sanchez is blocked for now.
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Re: I Ask Every Year & Get Great Advice From You Prospect Gu

Postby Element » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:57 pm

(1B) A.J. Reed (HOU) - Here is the one guy that stands out to me. The Astros love him and all that really stands in his way is Jon Singleton, who has basically been a bust thus far. I could see Reed starting by May 1st

Mazara/Brinson/Judge/Kepler - Maybe they get a call over the summer. These guys carry some obvious fantasy appeal. Not enough to warrant drafting in redrafts, but worth a waiver claim during the season.

Gary Sanchez has my attention. If something happens to Tex, who plays first? Maybe Ackley. But what if the Yankees go with McCann there? That opens the door for Sanchez. He's basically ready. He needs an injury (Tex, McCann, A-Rod).

The White Sox seem pretty intent on letting Saladino play at SS (unless they go after Desmond). Tim Anderson has some tools, but speed is the only one that plays right now. I wouldn't expect much, but he is another guy that could have a gig by May. He could fit into a MI slot alright.

Olsen is interesting too. Again, Yonder Alonso is all that is in his way. He has massive power potential and good plate discepline. He'd basically be a power only guy. Worth a stash in deeper leagues.

Mondesi as well (buy at 2B) if Infante falters or gets hurt. Much better real life player than fantasy asset, but he has tools that could eventually translate. Not this year though.

Polanco should be back up by summer, but he's kind of meh from a fantasy perspective. He makes good contact and has some okay speed.

Doubt we see Zimmer this year. September call up maybe. I love his upside though. Could be my favorite on this list.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Return to Baseball Leftovers