Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where did everyone go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby Tavish » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Got my NL only auction this week. My keepers include Seager, Joc Pederson and a whole lotta nothing.
Thought that I would stop by and see if I can pick up any insight. Got a lot of money to spend at this auction. Need some sleepers and a lot of arms.


I won!!
Traded away Seager though to get a ton of talent at the trade deadline. Going to be hurtin going into next year but $1,000 prize money helps with the healing.

You couldn't have done it without the help from the Cafe.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 10553
(Past Year: -511)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby speedy27 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 pm

J35J wrote:I've been mostly absent from anything fantasy the last couple of years...just really got burnt out and other interests started to take it's place. Thinking about getting back at it full steam though...I keep getting contacted about The Spreadsheet, but I haven't even done that the last couple years. If I knew most of the old guys were coming back I'd be more inclined in coming back as well....or at the very least having a real solid group of guys who consistently showed up...just like the good ol days.

;-D



I'd be game to see another spreadsheet! ;-D
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2823
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm still lurking around, but.. There just hasn't been much action around here the past couple years.
I'd be happy to be a regular part of this site again.. but I can't really see myself leading the resurrection..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:22 pm

J35J wrote:I've been mostly absent from anything fantasy the last couple of years...just really got burnt out and other interests started to take it's place. Thinking about getting back at it full steam though...I keep getting contacted about The Spreadsheet, but I haven't even done that the last couple years. If I knew most of the old guys were coming back I'd be more inclined in coming back as well....or at the very least having a real solid group of guys who consistently showed up...just like the good ol days.

;-D


I miss this place too, but it's gonna be tough to get it going again, I think most people have moved on since there has been almost zero effort from the admin to keep it updated. However, if you're interested, I'd be down to work on a spreadsheet together. I think I still have my old versions laying around which could be updated, but I don't really have the time or motivation to do it all myself.
Image
25
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13819
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby kentx12 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 pm

I still check in a couple of times a week as well just to see if anything has changed but it looks like a lost cause at this point. I miss the old days.... on a side note the hall of fame voters got it right again this year by leaving bonds out another year. Just a few more to go before he falls off the ballot. ;-D
There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17388
(Past Year: -47)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:34 pm

kentx12 wrote:I still check in a couple of times a week as well just to see if anything has changed but it looks like a lost cause at this point. I miss the old days.... on a side note the hall of fame voters got it right again this year by leaving bonds out another year. Just a few more to go before he falls off the ballot. ;-D


Still hatin' I see. Some things never change. He's up to 54%. It's only a matter of time.
Image
25
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13819
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby ayebatter » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
kentx12 wrote:I still check in a couple of times a week as well just to see if anything has changed but it looks like a lost cause at this point. I miss the old days.... on a side note the hall of fame voters got it right again this year by leaving bonds out another year. Just a few more to go before he falls off the ballot. ;-D


Still hatin' I see. Some things never change. He's up to 54%. It's only a matter of time.



He'll get in ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12437
(Past Year: 745)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Took last season off but thinking of starting a new league. Who's interested?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=495075
Image
25
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13819
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby colt4523 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:44 pm

This used to be my main place for fantasy baseball. Seemed like it died a couple of years ago. Haven't really found a replacement. I remember posting a keeper question and getting 15 replies within 10 minutes. I will always remember this site because one year a member with inside knowledge on the Rays told us who was going to be the starters or the closer (memory is vague). Turns out the guy was spot on. I miss those days :,-(
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2733
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby ayebatter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:45 pm

colt4523 wrote: Haven't really found a replacement. I miss those days :,-(


There is no replacement for what was once here maybe in time it will blossom again.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12437
(Past Year: 745)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests