Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where did everyone go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby Surfs up » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm seeing lots of familiar names. I do agree people look at football forums and don't think that much about baseball in the winter. I don't do any other leagues but baseball so I look and post all year. But I would like to know what other sites people are looking at . Not that I would leave the Cafe. I enjoy this site. Lots of great people here and very few smart ass replies . My feeling is if somebody doesn't know the answer it isn't a stupid question. ;-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 709)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dailyfantasycafe » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Hey Guys, I run the new Cafe sites and took it over at the beginning of last season. The site was neglected for a few years, but as you can see by the design of fantasybaseballcafe.com and articles last season, we're slowly making a comeback. Things definitely do pick up soon and you will always receive a response to your Draft, Trade and Waiver wire questions. Looking forward to this season and appreciate all the time dedicated to Cafe.
dailyfantasycafe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Philomath » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 am

rjforlife wrote:Many of us left for another forum. It is also pretty slow right now, but I wouldn't expect a miracle turnaround here, it really went downhill starting two years ago when the site was sold. I suppose it could rally, but a lot of people have totally moved on.

This. Used to come here a lot. Checked in here today on a whim. Nice to see familiar, helpful and knowledgeable names still here.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby dailyfantasycafe » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:49 am

@Philomath - you're welcome to come back everyday! We're working on getting back to years past.
dailyfantasycafe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 19)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:21 pm

does anyone know if Adrian Beltre did his taxes this year?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Got my NL only auction this week. My keepers include Seager, Joc Pederson and a whole lotta nothing.
Thought that I would stop by and see if I can pick up any insight. Got a lot of money to spend at this auction. Need some sleepers and a lot of arms.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby ayebatter » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Got my NL only auction this week. My keepers include Seager, Joc Pederson and a whole lotta nothing.
Thought that I would stop by and see if I can pick up any insight. Got a lot of money to spend at this auction. Need some sleepers and a lot of arms.

Mookie I've done 2 NL only auctions this year - THERE ARE NO SLEEPERS - my advice is to pay up for who you want and back fill your roster with full time players where you can.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Got my NL only auction this week. My keepers include Seager, Joc Pederson and a whole lotta nothing.

I won!!
Traded away Seager though to get a ton of talent at the trade deadline. Going to be hurtin going into next year but $1,000 prize money helps with the healing.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:19 am

Mookie4ever wrote:

I won!!
Traded away Seager though to get a ton of talent at the trade deadline. Going to be hurtin going into next year but $1,000 prize money helps with the healing.

Nice ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby J35J » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:36 pm

I've been mostly absent from anything fantasy the last couple of years...just really got burnt out and other interests started to take it's place. Thinking about getting back at it full steam though...I keep getting contacted about The Spreadsheet, but I haven't even done that the last couple years. If I knew most of the old guys were coming back I'd be more inclined in coming back as well....or at the very least having a real solid group of guys who consistently showed up...just like the good ol days.

;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers