Return to Baseball Leftovers

2015/2016 Offseason Cheering/Venting/Hot Stove

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2015/2016 Offseason Cheering/Venting/Hot Stove

Postby legoshoe » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:21 pm

I'd like to think this place still has a prayer of staying active. Not necessarily more quantity but good QUALITY so we can all rumble in our 2016 leagues.

With that said, I'd love to have a thread to talk hot stove and fantasy relevance this winter.

I'm kinda shocked Greinke opted out of the big money and a solid team at 32. Where the heck does he goes and does he make more for a longer deal? I think some teams are going to give him grief on time if he is looking for a 5 year deal...

Travis
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2015/2016 Offseason Cheering/Venting/Hot Stove

Postby ayebatter » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:43 pm

No surprise on Greinke opting out but I'll be surprised if he doesn't resign with LA after testing the market for a number.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 745)

Postby legoshoe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Fun to see Dusty get introduced today although their SP's better take out insurance policies on their arms. ;)

I agree it is hard for me to see Greinke being lured elsewhere. Same with Alex Gordon. How can KC lose the face of the franchise. Will be interesting how they handle Moose & Hosmer.

Was sad to see Hunter give it up today although it was time to give some of the kids a shot in 2016. There was an interesting discussion on MLB network on centerfielders in the HOF and how they seem to be measured on another level (there has not been one since Puckett). He was a great and solid player, but even as a Twins fan....not quite HOF worthy.

Makes me wonder if I should target Kepler or Buxton in my 20 team dynasty this offseason. Buxton is owed by a fellow Twins fan so I'm sure I could not get him (or Sano) from his kung fu grip. Kepler though.....does he have a higher ceiling than say Aaron Hicks had?
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Been a while fellas....has everyone left or are we expecting things to pick back up during the offseason like usual?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:46 am

J35J wrote:Been a while fellas....has everyone left or are we expecting things to pick back up during the offseason like usual?

Would be nice to see but I'd be surprised, I do log in every morning just the check for flash floods.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 745)

Postby legoshoe » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Can't believe some of the moves the Twins have made the past week. I wonder how Park's bat will profile in MLB? Similar line to Kang or will he be the next Nishi?

Would have rather seen the Twins move Plouffe instead of Hicks as we have seen the formers ceiling and he isnt' getting any cheaper in arbitration. Fantasy wise, will love to see some teams over draft Hicks only to see his 2nd half may be just a flash in the pan. I liked the deal for the Twins.
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:46 pm

J35J wrote:Been a while fellas....has everyone left or are we expecting things to pick back up during the offseason like usual?

If they've left, where did they go? I still play in deep AL or NL only leagues, the way the founding fathers of fantasy sports intended. Is there a site out there where such things get intelligently discussed?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 25)

Postby eatyun » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Offseason has been pretty depressing for me so far. Did not see Lynn's surgery coming :-t
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby Tavish » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Everyone is still celebrating the birth of a new baseball dynasty.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -511)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 am

J.A Happ for 12mil x 3 = LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
63 innings where you're not replacement level (for once) at 33 y.o gets you paid, son

I like the J.Zimmerman signing. 1000 career innings doesn't feel like a lot for a free agent, and his peripherals by my measure are borderline elite
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers