Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Bad loses killed 2015. How was my rebuild?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bad loses killed 2015. How was my rebuild?

Postby lyons595 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:07 am

14 team, keeper league (7 keepers) with draft slot preserved. 60 acquisitions per season limit. Daily roster changes. H2H standard 5x5.
A *** mark denotes new acquisition in the rebuild. All potential keepers are labeled with ✅ and draft round.
C Wilson Ramos
1B Brandon Moss
2B Cesar Hernandez
3B ***Nolan Arenado (5)✅
SS ***Ian Desmond (17) ✅
MI ***Starlin Castro (2) ✅
CI Danny Espinoza
OF Carlos Gomez (7) ✅
OF Michael Brantley (22) ✅
OF Curtis Granderson
UTIL Adam LaRoche
Bench ***Joey Gallo (undrafted, can keep in 23) ✅
(DL) Byron Buxton (12)✅, George Springer (13)✅

SP Sonny Gray (19) ✅
SP ***Stephen Strasburg (21) ✅
SP Wei-Yin Chen
SP Matt Shoemaker
SP Chase Anderson
SP Robbie Ray
SP Mike Leake
SP Mat Latos
SP ***Jon Gray (undrafted, can keep in 23) ✅
SP ***Kevin Gausman (13) ✅
RP Jim Johnson

If I needed to set my keepers today, they'd be Sonny Gray, Strasburg, Arenado, Springer, Buxton, Gomez, Brantley. Obviously I don't need to keep 4 OF, so I'm thinking of dealing Buxton, Gomez or Brantley for another piece. Additionally I can trade players for picks in the offseason (but not in-season). Our keepers aren't due until the week before Opening Day 2016. This makes trading for picks and prospects intense the weeks before our draft and preserves value (or maybe adds value) to players who I might not be able to trade for full value now (eg. Gomez).

Thoughts? Keeper suggestions? Prospect targets? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by lyons595 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 334)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bad loses killed 2015. How was my rebuild?

Postby dcmove2003 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. This is a pretty broad question to answer (i.e. what moves might you make if you had my team?). Might try to focus the question down to a couple things you're thinking about. Without really understanding the details on how the leagues works and what is considered valuable vs. less valuable, it's pretty hard to offer suggestions. Sorry, not much, help, but wanted to let you know that I didn't ignore your question.
dcmove2003
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 134)

Postby garretterik » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:23 pm

First let me admit that 14 team league is a lot bigger than I am used to. I think you are right to look to trade one of your OF for an upgrade somewhere else. Doesn't make sense keeping 4 OFs. With Buxton and Springer being injured right now their values may be a tad low. Gomez and Brantley have had down years, but are still solid OF keepers. I would try moving one of them and a SP and trying to get a better SP keeper than Strasburg. I would be very nervous about anchoring a pitching staff around Gray and Strasburg for next year. For a 14 team league I imagine that your bats are fine.
Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=492708
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vladrules » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 pm

I only play roto non keeper 1yr leagues. Will try to help out. So do you punt Saves intentionally? Agree that you need a better keeper SP. Maybe trade for Carrasco, Kubler, TWalker,
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 51)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team