Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

I know we're getting substantially fewer views, responses, and participation in Baseball Leftovers compared to years past. However, with all the incredible new content being created here at the Cafe daily, I would be remiss if I did not continue to try and urge both past users who have 'moved on', as well as newer users, to jump into Leftovers and get it buzzing the way that it once was. Currently there's some talk going on about How Real Stephen Vogt Is, as well as Potential ERA Risers and Sinkers. If you've got any topic you feel is worth discussing, throw up a thread, and let's dive in! Additionally, daily content is continuing to churn out from the Cafe Main Page, including AL & NL Waiver Wire analysis by Jason Guilbault over the past two days, and don't forget the weekly Chasing Saves article from the Cafe's own daullaz. I emplore anybody who is still around these parts to reach out to anyone you can, and get this place buzzing again. And for God's sake, General Talk, as well.

*EDIT: Oh yeah, and yesterday Bryce Harper did the impossibru!!!

Today's Match Ups: (Interesting Starts in Red)

AL

Oakland Athletics at Minnesota Twins, 1:10 pm
(L) Drew Pomeranz (1-2) vs. (R) Ricky Nolasco (1-1)

Cleveland Indians at Kansas City Royals, 2:10 pm
(R) Corey Kluber (0-4) vs. (R) Edinson Volquez (2-3)

Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox, 2:10 pm
(L) Kyle Lobstein (2-2) vs. (L) Jose Quintana (1-2)

Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees, 7:05 pm
(R) Chris Tillman (2-3) vs. (R) Nathan Eovaldi (2-0)

Texas Rangers at Tampa Bay Rays, 7:10 pm
(R) Nick Martinez (2-0) vs. (R) Chris Archer (3-3)

Houston Astros at LA Angels of Anaheim, 10:05 pm
(R) Collin McHugh (4-0) vs. (L) Hector Santiago (2-2)

NL

Los Angeles Dodgers at Milwaukee Brewers, 1:40 pm
(R) Carlos Frias (2-0) vs. (R) Mike Fiers (1-3)

Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals, 1:45 pm
(R) Jake Arrieta (3-2) vs. (R) John Lackey (1-1)

Cincinnati Reds at Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:05 pm
(R) Anthony DeSclafani (2-2) vs. (R) A.J. Burnett (0-1)

San Diego Padres at Arizona Diamondbacks, 9:40 pm
(R) Odrisamer Despaigne (2-0) vs. (R) Rubby De La Rosa (2-2)

Miami Marlins at San Francisco Giants, 10:15 pm
(R) Dan Haren (3-1) vs. (R) Tim Hudson (1-2)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24931
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 07, 2015 8:01 am

Not sure if Jacob deGrom or Bruce Jenner :-o

Image

h/t Razzball.com
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24931
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 07, 2015 10:52 am

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that thing that didn't happen in Washington yesterday.

Also, at the old ass age of 22, I think Bryce is finally the star we've been waiting for all these years.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3883
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 am

lastingsgriller wrote:I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that thing that didn't happen in Washington yesterday.

Also, at the old ass age of 22, I think Bryce is finally the star we've been waiting for all these years.


Nah, Bryce is over the hill now. No breakout for him!

Now, for my lock of the day...taking my 6-15-4 record to Milwaukee to call another young Joc Pederson home run. 7 in the last 9 games and 2 yesterday, kid is hot and he's facing over the top fastball pumping righty Mike Fiers indoors in Milwaukee. That's a recipe for Joc's sweet swing to pound another one out today. ;-D
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7525
(Past Year: 235)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu May 07, 2015 2:05 pm

In my H2H League my opponents have been sniffing my Joc! Man, his last 7 hits have been...home runs! Can Bryce do that?
Y`s Guy
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 3
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 4 May 2015
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Is this KC game happening? Weather on Rotowire showed nothing going on there at all before I left for lunch today and now they're in an extended delay...anyone know what's going on there?
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7525
(Past Year: 235)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Is this KC game happening? Weather on Rotowire showed nothing going on there at all before I left for lunch today and now they're in an extended delay...anyone know what's going on there?


Finally started...let's see if they can cash me in FanDuel after I started Yasmani Grandal as part of a 1-4 stack of the Dodgers. ;-D ;-D
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7525
(Past Year: 235)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 07, 2015 5:09 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Is this KC game happening? Weather on Rotowire showed nothing going on there at all before I left for lunch today and now they're in an extended delay...anyone know what's going on there?


Finally started...let's see if they can cash me in FanDuel after I started Yasmani Grandal as part of a 1-4 stack of the Dodgers. ;-D ;-D

Eric Hosmer has been an absolute stud for me so far this year. What are the odds he puts together a Top 10 1B fantasy season? Batting close to .320, just hit his 5th HR, has 23 RBI, 17 R, and his team just keeps mashing. He doesn't project the power that your traditional fanatsy 1B gives you, but the R and RBI totals could be right there, plus he chips in SB (2 so far this year, and 10 - 15 every year but 2014).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24931
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 07, 2015 5:25 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Is this KC game happening? Weather on Rotowire showed nothing going on there at all before I left for lunch today and now they're in an extended delay...anyone know what's going on there?


Finally started...let's see if they can cash me in FanDuel after I started Yasmani Grandal as part of a 1-4 stack of the Dodgers. ;-D ;-D

Eric Hosmer has been an absolute stud for me so far this year. What are the odds he puts together a Top 10 1B fantasy season? Batting close to .320, just hit his 5th HR, has 23 RBI, 17 R, and his team just keeps mashing. He doesn't project the power that your traditional fanatsy 1B gives you, but the R and RBI totals could be right there, plus he chips in SB (2 so far this year, and 10 - 15 every year but 2014).


I had Hosmer as a big-time sleeper this year and specifically targeted him on my rebuild team. He's a guy that like Christian Yelich would just need a minor adjustment to his swing plane to go from being a decent contact hitter to being an outstanding complete hitter. Will that adjustment happen for either of them? Who knows? But both of them have the skills to be valuable regardless and have that other level they could reach if they ever added some loft to their swing.
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7525
(Past Year: 235)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting & Leftovers Revival

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Also, Volquez is stressing me out in this game. Need about 10 points in FanDuel from him to take 1st in a 100 team'er. Can't be laying an egg on me!

EDIT: And 3 walks in an inning, one of them bringing home a run, is not a way to get there. :-t
EDIT2: For the love of god man, stop it. :-C
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7525
(Past Year: 235)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests