Return to Baseball Leftovers

Time to discuss the busts so far...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Time to discuss the busts so far...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon May 04, 2015 12:33 pm

and who you are sitting...

Victor Martinez...pretty much doing nothing. Would you sit him for the likes of Pablo Sandoval at Util?

Souza...slow start...got hot...now ice cold again. How long do you stick with him before sending him to the wire?

Cano...Seattle does not seem to have affected Nelson Cruz, but Cano is doing his power disappearing act so far. Frustrating to say the least for his owners.

Jayson Werth...stinking it up pretty bad.

Cody Allen...Has he imploded?

Jimmy Nelson...For real or league has caught up to him?
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2707)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Time to discuss the busts so far...

Postby eatyun » Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Jason Heyward, was hoping the Cards could turn around his offense, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Miguel Castro got the boot in Toronto, looks like it's Cecil's job again. Is age finally catching up to Chase Utley?
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon May 04, 2015 1:03 pm

eatyun wrote:Jason Heyward, was hoping the Cards could turn around his offense, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Miguel Castro got the boot in Toronto, looks like it's Cecil's job again. Is age finally catching up to Chase Utley?

Never believed in anything changing for Heyward. Some people drank that kool-aid, but a change in ball parks does not translate into better performance in and of itself. It is not like he went to some extreme hitters park like Coors. Atlanta to St. Louis is basically a push to maybe a slight downgrade in parks for a hitter.

Toronto's closer situation is a mess. Cecil is not that good either imo.

As to Utley, he is not this bad, but yeah, this may be the end of the road for any fantasy relevance.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Millhouse » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Beltre. Ugh.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Postby JGuilbault11 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Victor Martinez has been my biggest disappointment. Ended up shipping him for closer help
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 am

Nelson is a guy I think you'll have to pick your spots on. I think he's better than a spot start option, but not by a ton.

For me, Cano has killed me, but Devon Travis has helped soften the blow some, temporarily (still, the thought of having Travis and a DIFFERENT 1st Round Pick is depressing, watching Cano's daily line).

Jason Heyward. Another week or two of sucktitude and I'll be content to send him to the WW for pitching help. I have Gordon (who has also disappointed to a degree), Gardner, and Fowler in the OF.

Iwakuma killed me early, but I feel confident in his return to form after getting healthy.

Carrasco I think may be dealing with an injury. He left one start with 'tightness' and has not pitched well since. Maybe he needs a DL stint to right the ship as well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue May 05, 2015 1:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Carrasco I think may be dealing with an injury. He left one start with 'tightness' and has not pitched well since. Maybe he needs a DL stint to right the ship as well.

Wish someone could explain what is going on with Kluber as well.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cadd » Tue May 05, 2015 1:47 pm

I have Carrasco and Kluber, ugh.

Do you think Cody Allen is going to lose his job or do you think it's just a phase? It's starting to look like John Axford of 2012(ish).

Also, seriously what's going on with Heyward?! I thought Yahoo thought he was going to be the next $200 million player!!!
Cadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 35)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 05, 2015 1:54 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Wish someone could explain what is going on with Kluber as well.

Kluber I think is just a victim of some bad luck. He's still got a 9.00 K/9, 2.08 BB/9, but a .366 BABIP, almost 40 points above his career average. To boot his FIP is 2.98 and xFIP 3.01, and his strand rate is an impossible 63%, nearly 10% lower than his career norm. He's a guy I think you've got to just keep trotting out there, believing that he's going to look as we believe he should. He had a miserable April last year as well (maybe he hates the cold?), only to come back and win the AL Cy Young. I am trying to buy him wherever humanly possible.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue May 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Cadd wrote:I have Carrasco and Kluber, ugh.

Do you think Cody Allen is going to lose his job or do you think it's just a phase? It's starting to look like John Axford of 2012(ish).

Also, seriously what's going on with Heyward?! I thought Yahoo thought he was going to be the next $200 million player!!!

All hype. Mike Zunino was going to be a breakout candidate as well lol. Heyward is what he is and while it is not inconceivable he could put it all together at some point and break out, there is enough of a track record there to indicate that that is not a very likely imo. I avoided Heyward. To me his not worth anything in a shallow mixed league and is strictly a fill-in, deep league type. It is all about playing the odds and Heyward was\is just a poor bet imo.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers