Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team H2H Most Categories

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team H2H Most Categories

Postby jesperSe7en » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great Easter, and a great start to the year of baseball!

Below is my team in a 12 team H2H most categories league. To excel in this league, both offensive and defense performance is crucial, however, there are 4 less categories in pitching than on offense. As you can see by one of my players, I was the first overall pick. Normally I do not like that spot in the draft because of the waiting game but I think I did alright. My pitching is a little weak I know, but I feel pitching is easier to find throughout the year so that is the direction I went. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! BTW this is not a keeper league....

Offense
C Devin Mesoraco, Cin, C
1B Victor Martinez, Det DH, 1B
2B Anthony Rendon, Wsh 2B, 3B
3B Matt Carpenter, StL 3B
SS Ben Zobrist, Oak 2B, SS, OF
OF Mike Trout, LAA OF
OF Adam Jones, Bal OF
OF Brandon Moss, Cle 1B, OF
UTIL Matt Adams, StL 1B

Bench
Kolten Wong, StL 2B
Danny Santana, Min SS, OF
ustin Jackson, Sea OF
Steve Pearce, Bal 1B, OF
Aramis Ramirez, Mil 3B

Pitching
SP Max Scherzer, Wsh SP
SP Anibal Sanchez, Det SP
SP Homer Bailey, Cin SP DTD
SP Jose Quintana, CWS SP
SP Aaron Sanchez, Tor SP, RPRecent News

RP Aroldis Chapman, Cin RPBreaking News
RP Cody Allen, Cle RP

Bench
Matt Garza, Mil SP
R.A. Dickey, Tor SP
DL Garrett Richards*, LAA SP
jesperSe7en
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team H2H Most Categories

Postby JGuilbault11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:37 pm

I think it is a pretty good team, you covered yourself with Wong if Rendon misses more time than expected. Offensively SB is your weakest spot, but if everyone reaches their SB projection, it should be okay. I am counting Santana/Wong in that category for SB, they will help you out. I like the Zobrist move he gives you a lot of options if Santana is even half of what he was in 2014 he should start at SS, and possibly move Zobrist to OF for Moss. So tons of options. Pearce and Ramirez are great guys to have in the waiting. You are right on being able to find pitching later in the year, but as soon as Richards comes back it looks a lot stronger. Pen is good too, Chapman gave people a scare. That first pick really is tough it limits your strategies, but I like the team.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Postby jesperSe7en » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:45 pm

I appreciate the response! Yeah SB will be hard to come by especially since Trout is on a bit of a leash in that category. But I would prefer HR to SB from him any day of the week. The only problem I see is with Adams at Utility, carp at 3rd, and Wong at 2nd, I'll have 3 cardinals (btw they are my team) in my lineup. This will be fine when they play a team like the Braves, but when they are facing a solid team with a great pitching staff, I'll be in trouble.
jesperSe7en
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby JGuilbault11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah I don't mind choosing SB as a category to almost punt in h2h, you will get lucky some weeks and take that point anyway. That is very true, you have Pearce or Ramirez that can go into the utility or Santana/Zobrist to mess around with that gives you options on those night. I get what you are saying though!
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team