Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Trying to defend my title. WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to defend my title. WHIR!

Postby Spirit29 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey all! Been a while since I've posted on here but I love getting the feed back and whir as best as I can.

League format: Yahoo 12-team keeper 6x6 scoring

My keepers: David Price, Corey Kluber, Andrew McCutchen, Jorge Soler

I had the 10th pick in Round 1

C: Jonathan Lucroy
1B: Matt Adams
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Nolan Arenado
SS: Xander Bogaerts
OF: McCutchen, Soler, Eaton, Arcia
Util: Pedro Alvarez, Michael Morse
Bench: Dalton Pompey

SP: Price, Kluber, Harvey
P: Tanaka, Shelby Miller, Pineda
RP: Holland, Addison Reed
Bench: Carlos Martinez

I realize I'm pitcher heavy but that was part of my startegy. I tend to draft young as well.

Again WHiR!
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to defend my title. WHIR!

Postby Millhouse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 pm

thanks for mine. great staff, goes without saying. if harvey rebounds from injury & carlos pans out, you'll have a murderer's row of starters. Love Arenado this year, as lots do. Wish you had one more speed guy in your starting lineup, but maybe Pompey emerges and becomes that go-to SB threat, as Cutch/Wong are more like a 20 steal guys. And you're a TAD light on 30+ HR power, but with HRs dropping generally across MLB, that's not as big a concern as it'd have been in years past, especially if adams can put it all together, soler can keep progressing, and alvarez can fend off corey hart for the lion's share of playing time. alvarez could challenge for league lead in HR, i think. not a reed fan at all, guy's on borrowed time with that closer gig, i think -- only hawkins and nathan and worse for me as far as "everyday" closers go -- but that's a small nitpick
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Re: Trying to defend my title. WHIR!

Postby B-Chad » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:20 pm

I really like your rotation. Your lineup is decent for all the spending you did on pitching, but you feel light at first base to me with Adams/Morse. Alvarez is a nice wild card, though, so I like that. The nice thing is, first base is extremely deep and you could eventually deal an arm and Adams for a first base upgrade.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team