Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Okay, lemme have it. Will return favor ASAP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Okay, lemme have it. Will return favor ASAP!

Postby Millhouse » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 pm

6x6 mixed keeper (AVG, HR, RBI, R, SB, OBP; W, L, K, WHIP, ERA, SV). NOTE: We have no innings minimum/max, so some owners load up on starters and try to win W, K, and others (like me) load up on closers/middle guys and try to win Saves, WHIP, ERA. I've won league 2x in row in part using the "all closer/middle relief" strategy. Also, have no idea how I ended up with so many Texas Rangers. Just weird happenstance.

C-Y.Molina
1B-P.Fielder
2B-Odor
SS-E.Andrus
3B-A.Beltre
MI-D.Santana
CI-C.Carter
OF: M.Trout, M.Brantley, R.Braun, C.Dickerson, A.Pollock

BENCH: L.Martin, CJ Cron, Mi.Taylor, Micah Johnson

PITCHERS: Kimbrel, Storen, H.Rondon, J.Benoit, Boxberger, Clippard, K.Giles, W.Davis

So, overall thoughts? Glaring holes? Speed should be okay between Andrus, Santana, Trout, Brantley, Pollock, L.Martin. Power okay between Carter, Braun, Trout, Prince, Brantley, Dickerson, bit from Beltre and Cron. A few decent names on waivers I could snag if Taylor, Cron need an upgrade...Reddick, Ackley, Gyorko, Lawrie, Joe Smith (Street looks shaky)...leave a link, WHIR ASAP ;-D
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Okay, lemme have it. Will return favor ASAP!

Postby cinfante54 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:20 am

Wow for your sake I hope the Rangers do well this year haha (except when they play the Red Sox). I'm assuming 10 team? I can't imagine how you could get that offense any way else. Your power will definitely be there, as well as speed. You'll get whatever runs come from a Rangers game. But overall it's a pretty good team, although I would consider moving Fielder for a better 2B option and move Cron to 1B.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=491031
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)

Postby Millhouse » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 am

cinfante54 wrote:Wow for your sake I hope the Rangers do well this year haha (except when they play the Red Sox). I'm assuming 10 team? I can't imagine how you could get that offense any way else. Your power will definitely be there, as well as speed. You'll get whatever runs come from a Rangers game. But overall it's a pretty good team, although I would consider moving Fielder for a better 2B option and move Cron to 1B.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=491031

Thanks...good idea re: moving Prince, as Cron does figure to get plenty of DH duty with Hamilton out (although that useless/meddling Matt Joyce will be around, too). It's actually a 12-teamer but I had three keepers: Storen, Dickerson, Brantley in rounds 22, 23, 24, respectively. And I luckily drew the #1 pick, so I was starting off with a damn good OF (Trout, Brantley, Dickerson) and added Braun in round 3.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Postby eatyun » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Overall I like the team, I think you drafted alittle to many Ranger players, but beyond that I like your offense, I would keep updated on Storen and Giles, as they both might miss some time early on.
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby B-Chad » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm a fan of the roster, and I like that you've already addressed that there are some decent options on the wire if you need to go that route.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby Spirit29 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 pm

I'd be wary of guys like Fieder and Molina who are older but your OF should carry you. I'd pick up Gyorko as a backup and potentially start him over Odor who is probably a few years away from true relevance. Overall nice job!

Here's mine:
viewtopic.php?t=491153
Spirit29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby drtodddds » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Like the team too. Those are good ideas to move fielder for a better 2nd base option than odor. You'll soon be able to move carter to 1b as I've heard that he'll be playing there enough to likely qualify there at that position
drtodddds
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby LittleTree » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 am

DISCLAIMER: I'm a Lifelong Rangers fan. But wow! Even I may say there are a few too many! I really like your team though. Actually, however, I would keep Fielder. Like I said, I follow the Rangers very closely and he has had a good spring and I think will have a great year. I'd say 30 HR, 90 RBI, and .285 is very possible. I also think Martin could prove very valuable. Overall, I like your team, a lot. Good luck!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=491158
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 51)

Postby FindingTim » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:39 pm

your outfield is insane. to me that's definitely the strongpoint of your team. I think Odor will be a good value, and Carter will carry you in power even if (when) his average suffers.

I'm not a fan of the whole "relievers only" thing because it punts wins, but your relievers are excellent.
I think Boxberger is going to have an awesome year and snag the role and make his fantasy owners extremely happy.
Last edited by FindingTim on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
FindingTim
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:33 pm

I would try and unload Fielder ASAP and depending on how many OF'ers you start (I'm assuming 5) explore the option of upgrading at 2B. Odor is unproven and could prove difficult to rely upon day in and day out. Depending on CJ Cron's playing time he could prove as a nice fill in.
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team