Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team H2H 16 team Auction WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team H2H 16 team Auction WHIR

Postby DukeYankeeFan4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 am

I just got done with my auction and really would like to hear what fantasy cafe rates my team.
16 team league with your standard scoring but saves and holds count as the same. This is a category scoring so who ever wins that category gets the point for the week.
SCORING SYSTEM
SCORING FOR BATTING CATEGORIES NAME SETTINGS
HR Home Runs 1 point
OBP On Base Pct 1 point
R Runs 1 point
RBI Runs Batted In 1 point
SB Stolen Bases 1 point
XB Total Bases Less HRs 1 point
SCORING FOR PITCHING CATEGORIES NAME SETTINGS
ERA Earned Run Average 1 point
GS Games Started (Pitcher) 0 points
HD+S HOLDS + SAVES 1 point
K Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
W Wins 1 point
WHIP Walks + Hits / Inning 1 point

My team and some people went for a lot more than they were worth.
Jonathan Lucroy $19.50
Jose Abreu $22.50
Niel Walker $7 (I think I stole him at this price)
Pedro Alvarez $17 (High but most 3B went for $30 plus)
Troy Tulowitzki $28
Sin Soo Choo $12.50
Gregory Polanco $3
George Springer $7
DH Matt Adams $9
Madison Bumgarner $28
Mike Fiers $5
Lance Lynn $11
Matt Garza $3
Masahiro Tanaka $15.50
Michael Wacha $18.50
Dellin Betances $11.50
Jonathan Paelbon $9.50
Houston Street $8
BENCH
CC Sabathia $5
Jake McGee $3
Archie Bradley $1
Adison Russell $1
Alex Rodriguez $1
Carlos Beltran $5
Ryan Howard $1.50
I Am A FaNtAsY GoD
DukeYankeeFan4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team H2H 16 team Auction WHIR

Postby JGuilbault11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

You got some great steals. I am going to break it down by the part of the lineup.

Starting field players - 7.5/10 - I like your infield, Alvarez is the difference from me loving it. Curious as to what Aramis Ramirez or Chase Headley went for? Even though I am not high on Walker, the price is great and I would be happy to snag him at that price for a starting second baseman. Love your big three in Tulo, Abreu, Lucroy. $7 for Springer is a great price for his ceiling this season. 30 HR and 20 SB is possible this season for him, would end up a steal come the end of the year. Choo I believe is in for a bounce back year, a little surprised you paid more for him than Springer. I like the risk of Polanco, the face you have Beltran to back him up if he struggles again is solid depth. Like Adams as your DH as well, hopefully we get a little more power out of him, because I have him on a few teams.

Pitching Staff - 8/10 - Tanaka, Bumgarner,and Wacha are an outstanding core for your staff. My only worry is them making it through the season in full health. Tanaka is worth all the risk if people are going to pass on him. Lynn and Garza are solid back end guys, and I like a cheap Fiers, hoping he wasn't a flash in the pan last year. In a saves+holds league I like that you didn't pay up for a top 5 closer.

Bench - 8/10 - The Yankees guys hold a lot of value who could end up being plugged into your everyday lineup.

Overall I like the team 8/10 - a good mix of risk and safe players, also your bargain players are solid.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Postby DukeYankeeFan4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you for you feedback I really appreciate it. With us doing a auction we get to keep players up to three years so I had Springer last year for $7 so I get him at the same price this year and if I want to keep him next year we add $10 to the third year. 3rd base this year was short due to people keeping a lot of them. For example Miggy went for $47, Longoria $30 and Wright $30 so Alvarez was a steal at $17 lol.
I Am A FaNtAsY GoD
DukeYankeeFan4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 92)

Postby B-Chad » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm

It's a solid roster. You've got a great foundation laid and can tweak things as needed during the season. You should be happy with your draft.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby Swept Away » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks for your help on mine.

I'm a big Neil Walker fan too. I was bummed when I got outbid for him. Nice pickup.

I like Alvarez too and I think he's primed for a bounceback year. Looks like you don't score batting average, so that should help!

I really like Choo as well, another guy I targeted for a rebound but everyone else in my league had the same idea.

Your rotation is pretty sick. I really like Lance Lynn and drafted him as well. You could probably use some help at OF in case Choo and Polanco get off to slow starts, but you have enough pitching that you could make a good deal to fix it.
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team