Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Auction Keeper Results - How'd It Turn Out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction Keeper Results - How'd It Turn Out?

Postby rickyp024 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 am

Hey guys,

I always like getting input on my team and where I can improve, so I appreciate the help in advance. I could upgrade at SS, and have some RP depth to do it I think.

12 team auction, 5x5 (OBP instead of AVG and QS instead of W), H2H Categories

Will help out in return!

C: Yan Gomes
1B: Rizzo
2B: Rendon (keeper)
3B: Arenado (keeper)
SS: Segura
CI: Napoli
MI: Odor
OF: Upton
OF: Bruce
OF: Martinez
OF: Pollock
OF: Souza
UTIL: Granderson
Bench: Baez
Bench: Pompey

P: Lester (keeper)
P: Carrasco (keeper)
P: Cole
P: Alex Wood
P: Pineda
P: Phil Hughes
P: Cody Allen
P: Rodney
P: Rondon
Bench: Andrew Miller
Bench: Sean Doolitte (going to DL)
Bench: Wily Peralta
rickyp024
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction Keeper Results - How'd It Turn Out?

Postby Lyons1991 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am

I am going to start with your bench.

Javier Baez has that 30-35 HR potential but can he hit over .200. I only say .200 because he had a awful spring, I think his AVG was .128 or around there. But he is still young, so he can always learn how to make more contact. I as well went with andrew miller at closer. He might not get the job immediately. But let's say even if he is the 8th inning guy, he had 103 strikeouts in 63 innings last year. Note that Bentances has been awful this spring. I have heard a lot about Dalton Pompey but I don't know to much about him. Doolittle a closer, I guess if you want to stash him do it if there's isn't anyone else.

I like every position guy you got but I would say maybe get one more OF in your free agents, you have a lot of talent with Gomes,Rizzo, Arenado and Rendon even though I think Rendon might miss a little time. All in all I like the pitching staff. I always try to have a beastly pitching staff every year.
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Swept Away » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Thanks for your help on mine.

You're going to need another 2B/SS to fill in for Rendon. Who's available?

Napoli should have a bounceback year, good pickup.

You might want to get another bat at DH in case Granderson has another crappy year. I really don't trust him anymore.

I really like Phil Hughes, he should do wonders for your WHIP. I targeted him in my draft but got outbid. Good job picking up Miller, looks like he's be sharing some saves.
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 19)

Postby JGuilbault11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:10 pm

This is a great team, I like your rotation and bullpen situation. Gerrit Cole is an awesome guy to have after those keepers. You have good youth that can eventually work out for you when the time comes. The OF is good, but there isn't one guy there I really love, but still good overall. Napoli is the fantasy sleeper on the Sox, looks like a new man here in spring. I love the infield which makes up for me not having that one great outfielder in your lineup. Good team!
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team