Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did I fair in draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did I fair in draft?

Postby Lyons1991 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 pm

Just had a draft today. 10 team keeper league with auction style draft. Standard 5 by 5 category.

C- Salvador Perez ($8)
1B- Adrian Gonzalez ($21)
2B- Dee Gordon ($16)
3B- David Wright ($11)
SS- Alcides Escobar, Jung Ho Kang ($1)
OF- Carlos Gomez ($19), Matt Holliday ($20), Jason Heyward ($13), Joc Pederson ($9)
UTIL- David Ortiz ($20)

SP- Clayton Kershaw, Adam Wainwright,($21) Julio Terheran,($18) Matt Harvey, James Shields,($18)I an Kennedy, ($4) Nathan Eovaldi ($1) Aaron Sanchez

RP- Jonathan Papelbon, Neftali Feliz, Edward Mujica, Andrew Miller

Just would like people's opinons on how my draft played out, any suggestions? Any spots where I could improved? If you leave some comments on here I will reply back for you with my best opinion. Thank you
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did I fair in draft?

Postby rickyp024 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 am

I think what you have are the San Antonio Spurs of fantasy baseball. Not that exciting, but suuuuper consistent. Nobody pops out to me on offense that could have an absolute monster of a year, but that is a good thing, in that I think you can expect very consistent numbers from each and every player. Your pitching staff is very, very good, though I am not a fan of Waino at $21 with his arm issues and declining velo.

It would not surprise me in the least to see you in the upper ranks at the end of the year.

If I had one suggestion, I would try to upgrade at SS, which is very weak league-wide so may not be much there. I do like that you took a shot on Kang, though. Overall, well done!

Help me out? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=491049
rickyp024
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Lyons1991 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 am

@rickyp. Yeah I am the defending champion in my league and that's basically how I went into it last year just tried to piece together s team of some stars but more guys who can be consistent through the season. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

But also. I think Joc Pederson will become a star, he will at least be everyday CF. Jung Ho Kang was only a buck so if anything translate I am a winner with two prospects lol.
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby FindingTim » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

for us to properly rate your team it would be helpful to know how many players you keep.
I LOVE your pitching. Kershaw, Harvey, and Teheran should carry you for years (If I understand Keepers correctly)

The offense should be very strong in 2015, but many of the better players are vets on the decline-- hence my wondering how many players you can keep.
If it's, say, 6 keepers, and you get to keep Kershaw/Harvey/Teheran/Gomez/Heyward/Peterson then I think this team is superb.
FindingTim
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Lyons1991 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:21 am

3 keepers every year.
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend