Return to Baseball Leftovers

drafted all hitting and no pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ramble2 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:59 pm

Base Ballpickers wrote:Why would have 12 or more teams mean that I am going to be in trouble? With more teams, there are less hitters to choose from. I feel like my OF is good enough to get me through when using split stats. It has worked so far.

My mistake, I meant 12 team or less.

The fact that your OF has worked well so far is pretty insignificant. The season is hardly a week old.

To prove my point, consider the top 10 leaders in BA:

J. Lopez
Lo Duca
J. Cruz
C. Johnson
C. Pena

Or the top 10 HR leaders:

C. Johnson

Some names will still be there at the end of the season. Some will not.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but I would try and upgrade that OF and get some SP if you want a shot at winning those leagues. If the goal is simply to try and experiment with a strategy, then I'd try to do some 2-for-1's and upgrade your offense. Try and get Nomar, for example. It's imperative that you finish in the top 3 (at least) in every offensive category if you want a chance to make this strategy work - and I think it could give you a competitive team. Good luck! Keep us up to date!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers