Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick my final keepers. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick my final keepers. WHIR

Postby exm » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:02 pm

14 player league.

Keep 5. Keeping for sure: E5, Adam Jones, Puig.

Here's my list of my final keepers:
Pedroia (kept him last year)
Segura (kept him last year)
Heyward
Cobb

Pick 2. Thanks and WHIR
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick my final keepers. WHIR

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 am

I think that the death of Segura's son has really affected him this season. I would hope he can rebound, he's been nothing special and you can just release him into the pool. There will be plenty of second tier SS available in the draft comparable to him.

Cobb is a mid rotation starter, but with some room to grow into a strong #2/low-end ace, but I just don't see him taking that top step. I see him being worthy of building a staff around (if you have a legit ace or two above him). He's a bit of a shaky keeper with such few keepers per team - access to SP of his ilk will be plentiful in the draft. Of course, pitching is also easiest to get as well.

Dustin Pedroia - he's past his peak. He is more name than anything else. I think he's a safe release at this piont. There are plenty of lower tier 2b who put up eerily similar numbers to his and are available in one my leagues. Release.

Jason Heyward - What can I say? Provides good defense, bit brittle. Quietly having a solid season was on pace for a 20/20 season but hasn't done much of that. Still he's young coming into his prime and out of all these options has the most room to grow and be a fantasy force. He's the only one on this list that I'd feel semi-comfortable keeping and even J-Hey has been a little bit of a letdown. He could easily be a 25/35 guy if he would stay healthy and keep his hands right and could hit in one spot in the order not all over the place.

My main question to you is this? Can you keep less and get picks?
If you HAVE to keep two of those Cobb and Heyward are your selections (and really those are shaky and honestly between those other options - it isn't even close).
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1766)

Re: Pick my final keepers. WHIR

Postby baegames » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

Heyward and Cobb. I would agree with Segura's son's death being a cause of his struggles except he has not been any good since the middle of his rookie year. Was the son sick for that long? I don't know.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=471611
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 299)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions