Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cargo 2015

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cargo 2015

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

if i can get him in the 3rd, or for the low 20's id buy, but someone wil still pay close to premium for him, so i'll pass. He'll still hold top 15 value for 12 team bench leagues though.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fast dogs » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:06 am

theres probly 25 or 30 guys I want before him which should eliminate any draft decisions; he's someone else's worry next year
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 417)

Postby oscar15 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 pm

If I'm looking at Cargo as my best hitter option next year, I'm taking a a pitcher!
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby cordscords » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 am

I'd gamble on him a little bit earlier than the Heyward/Kemp/Hamilton ADPs that were in place this year. I think you're gonna see a lot of publications sour on him and you will be able to get him at a bigger discount than some of the replies in this thread would indicate.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 am

Cargo is a big target of mine for next year, I hope to own him in as many leagues as possible. Still capable of putting up top 5 numbers, but always comes with the injury risk. I have him bouncing back in a big way next year though.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Cargo 2015

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm

If you can get someone really safe, like McCutcheon, in the 1st rd, cargo could make a great risk/reward play in the 2nd. If cargo stays mostly healthy, you end up with the best of in your league.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:If you can get someone really safe, like McCutcheon, in the 1st rd, cargo could make a great risk/reward play in the 2nd. If cargo stays mostly healthy, you end up with the best of in your league.

It's worth the risk to take realistic upside like that in round 2 or 3... At least for me. Even if he does get hurt or doesn't perform well, in speculation it's still worth the risk. I will gladly "gamble" a 2nd rounder on Cargo and trust the rest of my draft to cover for Cargo if he flops. I know I spent a 2nd rounder on Dustin Pedroia in about 3 leagues this year (2 I am in first place in, one I am in dead last). It is more than possible to recover from a bad 2nd round pick, but if he hits, you can run away with some offensive categories.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 pm

There is a chance he'll be traded, the Rockies have possible upheaval in the front office and 3 players (Tulo/JDLR/Cargo) are soaking up 51.8% of their payroll

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/rockies-notes-payroll-anderson-cuddyer-rotation.html

The Rockies’ payroll will likely remain near its Opening Day mark of $94MM, a team spokesperson tells Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post. This is problematic for the Rockies, Saunders writes, given that Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez and Jorge De La Rosa will combine to earn $48.5MM of that figure next season. Season-ending injuries to Tulowitzki and Gonzalez will make it difficult to extract full prospect value for either star in a potentially cost-saving trade, meaning that the team is likely to have 51.8 percent of its payroll tied up in three players. That, in turn, would make it difficult to adequately address the rotation, bullpen and catching situation this offseason — all of which are areas of need in Denver. Geivett recently reiterated to Saunders that the team has had no discussions about trading either Tulowitzki or Gonzalez

I don't know if I want to spend a high pick on both injury-prone AND non-Coors Cargo
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby kab21 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:33 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:If you can get someone really safe, like McCutcheon, in the 1st rd, cargo could make a great risk/reward play in the 2nd. If cargo stays mostly healthy, you end up with the best of in your league.

If you use your first 2 picks on OF'ers then you should have the best OF in your league. ;-D
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers