Return to Baseball Leftovers

Razzball Stream-O-Nator

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Razzball Stream-O-Nator

Postby kaiser » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 am

Does anyone use Razzball's Stream-O-Nator to help choose SP to stream start? If so, can you help me understand how to read it? Do you simply use the order he has them listed in? Or, do you use the "$" column or "GS" column to rank them?

Any help would be appreciated.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Razzball Stream-O-Nator

Postby Ray Zorback » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 am

I'll pass on this from bighOrt

bigh0rt wrote:When I'm faced with a tough decision that I'm unsure of, sometimes I'll consult the Stream-O-Nator at Razzball to see what they think about it. I try not to start anyone under $10 value unless I specifically have a disagreement with their evaluation. Most days I'll mull over the different gambling lines of specific games to help me make my decisions, as well. I like low Total Run lines, when my pitcher is heavily favored, or when he's favored more than I feel he should be, or isn't as big of a dog as I think he should be.

I've used it with mixed results.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 159)

Postby kaiser » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks Ray, and BigH0rt.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby saemick » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:16 am

I, too, use it from time to time. Like BigH0rt, I try not to start anyone under $10, but will go as low as $8 (they claim that $8 is about the ‘average’ start). it's actually been pretty good IMO, but I usually look at a few SP's for a certain date, look at matchups, and then go to the SON as a tiebreaker.

good luck
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:57 am

kaiser wrote:Does anyone use Razzball's Stream-O-Nator to help choose SP to stream start? If so, can you help me understand how to read it? Do you simply use the order he has them listed in? Or, do you use the "$" column or "GS" column to rank them?

I had a real tough time understanding it at first, as well. I think by default, it ranks the day's starts in $ order, and after that it ranks all starts for the next 7 days in $ order, so it's not a linear list unless you sort by $. $ is what you're most interested in, as far as reading their rankings. I'll typically just Ctrl-F and search for the player I'm interested in to see what their perceived value is. It's extremely imperfect, as are all things, but I've found it to be a useful tool. It's also interesting to see that, for example, today, there are only 8 starts listed at over $10.00, whereas on other days the 10th listed start will be like $14.00, while today it's just over $5.

Apparently, if you're streaming today, Jesse Hahn ($12.00) is the guy you want to look at.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
kaiser wrote:Does anyone use Razzball's Stream-O-Nator to help choose SP to stream start? If so, can you help me understand how to read it? Do you simply use the order he has them listed in? Or, do you use the "$" column or "GS" column to rank them?

I had a real tough time understanding it at first, as well. I think by default, it ranks the day's starts in $ order, and after that it ranks all starts for the next 7 days in $ order, so it's not a linear list unless you sort by $. $ is what you're most interested in, as far as reading their rankings. I'll typically just Ctrl-F and search for the player I'm interested in to see what their perceived value is. It's extremely imperfect, as are all things, but I've found it to be a useful tool. It's also interesting to see that, for example, today, there are only 8 starts listed at over $10.00, whereas on other days the 10th listed start will be like $14.00, while today it's just over $5.

Apparently, if you're streaming today, Jesse Hahn ($12.00) is the guy you want to look at.

Thanks bigh0rt. I've been using it for a while, with decent results, but wasn't sure if I was reading it correctly, as I was using the "GS" column as my primary deciding factor. I'll start using $ and see how I do...
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HybridTheory » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm

I use it frequently, and get favorable stats 8 out of 10 times...very consistent. Started Duffy yesterday as he was the highest FA in my league. Resulted in a win, QS, low era/whip.
HybridTheory
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 pm

i rarely use it for pitchers cus i dont stream very often, but ive used the hittertron to decide between utilities and 2nd base (Kenrick/Prado) to mixed results. $ is the primary deciding factor.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Saltydog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 pm

It's a fantastic tool for Daily Fantasy baseball.

I will often target the lowest 2-3 SP for the day for my hitting stacks.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers