Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/16-6/22 CHEERING-VENTING & Who Cares

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 6/16-6/22 CHEERING-VENTING & Who Cares

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:45 am

That may have been the best game ever pitched. They were never really even close to a hit. No spectacular plays or catches, just total pitching dominance.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:11 am

Happy Andrew Heaney Day! Good thing the Mets got their win for the week out of their systems yesterday.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Element » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Kershaw throws the second Dodger no-hitter this season. First time since 1956 that has happened in Dodger history. Only that errant Hanley throw to first cost Kershaw the perfect game.

He's pretty good. Needless to say I am exhausted this morning after the 1:30 AM finish. Well worth it though. Complete dominance. Only one hitter got to a 3 ball count. ESPN had it statistically ranked as the 2nd best pitching performance in MLB history behind only Kerry Wood's 1-hit 20K performance. Only Nolan Ryan had more K's in a no hitter. 15 strikeouts and only 107 pitchers. Just wow!
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 am

bigh0rt wrote:Happy Andrew Heaney Day! Good thing the Mets got their win for the week out of their systems yesterday.
im all in.
i now own him on three rosters
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am

Element wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Kershaw throws the second Dodger no-hitter this season. First time since 1956 that has happened in Dodger history. Only that errant Hanley throw to first cost Kershaw the perfect game.

He's pretty good. Needless to say I am exhausted this morning after the 1:30 AM finish. Well worth it though. Complete dominance. Only one hitter got to a 3 ball count. ESPN had it statistically ranked as the 2nd best pitching performance in MLB history behind only Kerry Wood's 1-hit 20K performance. Only Nolan Ryan had more K's in a no hitter. 15 strikeouts and only 107 pitchers. Just wow!

I caught the last few innings, and yeah it was just complete dominance. Can't imagine anything better to watch than the best pitcher in baseball throw the best game of his career with Vin Scully calling the shots.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:43 am

Skin Blues wrote:
Element wrote:

I caught the last few innings, and yeah it was just complete dominance. Can't imagine anything better to watch than the best pitcher in baseball throw the best game of his career with Vin Scully calling the shots.

Among 3B who have tallied 200+ AB, his AVG is actually tied for 7th. Makes it a lot more palatable when I look at it that way. Tied for 13th if you drop it to 150+ AB.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Replied in wrong thread, but yeah his .273 average isn't so bad right now. However, I still see him being less than a .260 hitter from here on out. Personally I'm going to try to flip him while I can. I think all three of his of his power, speed, and average will revert back to his career norms, although I won't be heartbroken if I end up keeping him, as I obviously thought he was worth starting in a mixed league before this breakout even happened.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Heaney is a bum. who the hell gives up a HR to the mets. demote his arse
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:45 am

Heaney was good in his debut. He was a bit wild early on, but his stuff is excellent, and once he established his fastball better, his off-speed stuff out of the zone was more effective. Overall I would rate the start a B+ and say that he is definitely worth starting in all but the shallowest leagues except at Colorado.

Also, Scott Kazmir is awesome. He throws 92-93 and just pounds the bottom of the zone. Pedroia hit one out that clipped the edge of Cespedes's glove and other than that he was great. He came back from that HR to slam three 95-96 MPH fastballs by Napoli, a pretty promising reaction. The guy just knows hot to pitch now and still has really good stuff.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:20 am

Choose a side:

Braun/Zimmermann or Trout
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers