Return to Baseball Leftovers

6/16-6/22 CHEERING-VENTING & Who Cares

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 6/16-6/22 CHEERING-VENTING & Who Cares

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am

Should've started Wily yesterday... really thought that park would get to him, but he did well enough. Today I'm starting Keuchel and Ervin, and sitting Hughes in Beantown, so he'll probably dominate the Sox.

Also, ANDREW HEANEY has officially been called up, and gets to face the Mets in his first start. Hope that pitching in that division can bring elite pitching numbers for a guy I have on both my teams. I'm rolling him out there. I'd start a corpse against the Mets, Padres, Phillies, and Braves.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 am

just read he has no restrictions. they've been limiting his innings and he should be good to go for 100 more. if they break him after the all star boondoggle, he's a go for the rest of the regular season.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:56 pm

m16a wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Should've started Wily yesterday... really thought that park would get to him, but he did well enough. Today I'm starting Keuchel and Ervin, and sitting Hughes in Beantown, so he'll probably dominate the Sox.

Also, ANDREW HEANEY has officially been called up, and gets to face the Mets in his first start. Hope that pitching in that division can bring elite pitching numbers for a guy I have on both my teams. I'm rolling him out there. I'd start a corpse against the Mets, Padres, Phillies, and Braves.

Think it's worth dumping Keuchel or Garrett Richards to free up the space to grab Heaney?

No, but there's gotta be someone else you can dump.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am

Since coming off the DL, Joey Votto is 10-for-28 (.357) with 3 R and 7 RBI. Still a complete power outage, but I can live with this. He's gotten a hit in all 7 games he's played, so at least he's swinging the stick.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:07 pm

m16a wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
m16a wrote:
Think it's worth dumping Keuchel or Garrett Richards to free up the space to grab Heaney?

No, but there's gotta be someone else you can dump.

5SP limit in my league. Darvish, Stras, Latos, Keuchel, and Richards. Not particularly keen on dropping any of the first three, so it'd be Richards or Keuchel if I dropped anyone at all.

With those constraints, you'll need to take a wait and see approach with Heaney. You can only carry 5 total SP? No bench league??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 am

Kershaw throws the second Dodger no-hitter this season. First time since 1956 that has happened in Dodger history. Only that errant Hanley throw to first cost Kershaw the perfect game.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Kershaw throws the second Dodger no-hitter this season. First time since 1956 that has happened in Dodger history. Only that errant Hanley throw to first cost Kershaw the perfect game.

Errant throw saved the no-hitter. If he doesn't throw it away, everything changes and the Rockies prob get a hit.

That Kershaw guy is pretty good though.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers