Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Give Trout for Tulo? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Give Trout for Tulo? WHIR

Postby lyons595 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 am

I haven't actually offered this, but it's crossing my mind.
Hardy has been brutal for me. I am really trying to be patient, as I know he is able to hit HR in bunches and could put up close to 20 over the rest of the season. I'd be happy with that, regardless of his Avg.
Tulo is healthy, hitting on the road and has a ton of protection in his lineup with Cargo, Arenado hitting behind him. Soon, he'll have Cuddyer hitting 2nd again (more RBI opprutunities).
I see Trout being Trout by the end of the season. He'll probably end up with fewer HR, RBI than Tulo, but he'll hit for a better AVG, OPS, R, and a lot more SB.
In about 2 weeks I'll have a lot of OF depth. This is assuming J Hamilton is the same guys as he was for the first 2 weeks of April, so losing Trout isn't hurting me in that regard.
Probably way to soon to think about this, right?

ESPN, h2h each cat, 12 team, 4 RP max, daily roster changes. Cats: standard 5x5 plus OPS, QS. Non-keeper. I stream 6+ SP (or starts) weekly.

C Wilson Ramos
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Jose Altuve
3B Manny Machado
SS JJ Hardy
OF Mike Trout
OF Alex Rios
OF Colby Rasmus
UTIL Anthony Rizzo
Bench Josh Hamilton (DL)
Bench Wilin Rosario
Bench Jay Bruce

SP Stephen Strasburg, RA Dickey
SP Hiroki Kuroda, Jake Peavy (Streamers)
RP Craig Kimbrel
RP Justin Holland
RP Steve Cishek
RP Tommy Hunter
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 334)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Give Trout for Tulo? WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Sun May 11, 2014 10:36 am

Not a chance, Hardy aside, Tulo is not worth Trout and Tulo may be healthy now but his injury risk is to high and even though it is a non keeper I would stick with Trout, and if you really want to trade him I am sure you can find an owner who is willing to give you a bunch more than just Tulo, but either way I hang on to Trout. Yeah he may be a bit slow right now but he is still able too, and will, give you 5 cat help, imo

mine
viewtopic.php?t=469839
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1120)

Postby Carnac » Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 am

Trout is too much to give for Tulo straight up. Does he have anyone else who would help improve your team?

Who is available on the wire?
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 168)

Postby Seanyfever » Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

Because of ball park, there's a chance... Always a chance... Tulo's curling becomes a high one. However, I'd never pursue this unless I was getting back "Tulo-plus". Trout is worth more. This Tulo plus a average OF in my mind at least.

If you look around several Fantady experts are saying sell high on Tulo... What they mean? Us the exact opposite of what you are doing... If a Tulo owner turns Tulo on to a Trout, he is doing the better deal.

Help out a Cafe Brother? Trade J Upton?
viewtopic.php?t=469832
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 308)

Postby eatyun » Sun May 11, 2014 6:06 pm

When your a fan of a certain team, its hard not to overvalue players on that team sometimes. Im guilty of it sometimes, As the above posters have said you need Tulo +
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby plamb23 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Tulo is on fire but he will get hurt

Keep Trout

Help me?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=469848
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 90)

Postby JohnnyBaseball » Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Don't ever give Trout up for anyone ever. Sure, Tulo could have the best year a baseball SS has ever seen. Tulo has long been the best SS in baseball, IMO. However, if he sees the entire season through without a DL visit, I would be shocked. Trout is going to put up the biggest numbers for your team almost guaranteed. Plus Tulo is also a little streaky, and the rest of Colorado is hitting a little beyond their potential right now, making Tulo even better/inflated.
If you want to make a move and give up on JJ, even though he could win a few weeks down the road, I would trade an OF without a fish name plus Hardy for a better SS.

Thanks in advance
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=469854
JohnnyBaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions