Return to Baseball Leftovers

WEEK 4 - Sporadic Cheering & Venting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: WEEK 4 - Sporadic Cheering & Venting

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat May 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Just gotta love Dee Gordon. I was a little nervous after the 1/11 double header, but since, he's 6/8 with 3 SBs. One of the better stories of the young season so far.

Edit, make it 7/9. Just out of control right now.

On another note, Chris Owings has been hitting more lately, I think he's a guy who could be a valuable commodity going forward as he earns his way up the lineup.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 am

Dee Gordon couldn't be working out better. I talked him up a little too much in my friends leagues and this guy was determined to outbid me for him no matter what in the two leagues we play in, and on top of not hearing the end of it I'm playing against him in h2h this week %-6

Luckily I got him everywhere else but the bittersweet taste is heavy.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby silverZ » Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 am

Guys. I have a confession to make. I dropped Charlie Blackmon on March 24th in a 5 OF NL-only league.

There. I just had to get that out of my system.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby Izenhart » Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 am

silverZ wrote:Guys. I have a confession to make. I dropped Charlie Blackmon on March 24th in a 5 OF NL-only league.

There are moves we make that we never forget, like the year I dropped Adrian Beltre on April 1 in his first contract season, or last year when I traded Harvey and Chris Davis for Stanton. I hope whoever you picked up for him is doing something. :-°
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby OBPlover » Sun May 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Izenhart wrote:
silverZ wrote:Guys. I have a confession to make. I dropped Charlie Blackmon on March 24th in a 5 OF NL-only league.

There are moves we make that we never forget, like the year I dropped Adrian Beltre on April 1 in his first contract season, or last year when I traded Harvey and Chris Davis for Stanton. I hope whoever you picked up for him is doing something. :-°

Hindsight is 20/20. That was a fair deal going into last year that just didn't work out.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby wrveres » Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Izenhart wrote:

Morneau in his MVP year.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby OBPlover » Sun May 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Thoughts on the close of week 4...

Will the real Corey Kluber please stand up? When I listen to announcers they say he has "average stuff", but how do pitchers with average stuff have 10-13 K games? Some times he is so dominant and sometimes just so awful. I believe in the XFIP..I believe in the XFIP... (repeat prayer). Very unlucky, AX-man blew another save today and cost him the win.

Why did Shin Soo Choo miss a game due to his ankle but then steal a base when he came back? I Appreciated the steal, but this makes my head shake.

Come on Beltre! Please start hitting HRs again. At least the avg is picking up. I need you!
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm

wrveres wrote:
Izenhart wrote:

Morneau in his MVP year.

2014 is Morneau's MVP year
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers