Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Marcus Stroman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Marcus Stroman?

Postby colt4523 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Looks like he is going to be called up soon. Any thoughts? Must add in an AL only league?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Marcus Stroman?

Postby silverZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Lots of risk and lots of K potential. The division and park will limit his upside. I don't think he's ready but the Jays are going to give him a shot if McGowan doesn't start to impress. Must add in AL-only and deep mixed leagues. I'm staying away in my 12 team roto league.

Fascinating article about his fastball on THT: http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-riser- ... this-year/
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby colt4523 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:02 pm

silverZ wrote:Lots of risk and lots of K potential. The division and park will limit his upside. I don't think he's ready but the Jays are going to give him a shot if McGowan doesn't start to impress. Must add in AL-only and deep mixed leagues. I'm staying away in my 12 team roto league.

Fascinating article about his fastball on THT: http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-riser- ... this-year/

Good stuff...5 minutes before I was going to add him yesterday, another owner beat me to him. :~(
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 pm

I think must add in AL only and 14+ team leagues. I added him in a deep 12 teamer.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 am

McGowan did well in his last start and Happ is ahead of Stroman so I don't think that his ML start is imminent.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Postby OBPlover » Sun May 04, 2014 5:54 pm

CJ is expected back by mid-may, so it's unlikely they use him as a closer for 2 weeks.

Jays may end up going with a 6 man rotation which would hurt the potential value of every Jay starter.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby jonboycubs » Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 am

colt4523 wrote:
silverZ wrote:Lots of risk and lots of K potential. The division and park will limit his upside. I don't think he's ready but the Jays are going to give him a shot if McGowan doesn't start to impress. Must add in AL-only and deep mixed leagues. I'm staying away in my 12 team roto league.

Good stuff...5 minutes before I was going to add him yesterday, another owner beat me to him. :~(

I wish I had been as lucky to miss him, I grabbed him and he cost me a huge game with his 2 game 4 runs allowed in a row, but I still have not dropped him lol
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1124)

Return to Baseball Leftovers