Return to Baseball Leftovers

Week 4, Cheering and Venting & LOL @ #ARZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Week 4, Cheering and Venting & LOL @ #ARZ

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Wouldn't shock me, and I had him in 09, but I'm over chasing the Justin Upton dream.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Wouldn't shock me, and I had him in 09, but I'm over chasing the Justin Upton dream.

I think I might be too... Glad I could sell him. Should save me a headache.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Already have Wright, thinking I might offer him to a guy who has quite a few CI and is short on OF for Edwin.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Ian Kinsler was a trendy guy that the experts said to avoid in drafts this season. If they had bought, maybe he'd have been going for $20+ in auction, but as it was, I got him for $12. He's off to a really nice start, hitting at the top of what should be a very productive lineup (although Miggy :-o ). I wonder if he can return to the realm of top ~3 second basemen. So far so good, but he isn't the youngest guy and he's had his injury troubles in the past. Is he a sell high or a hold? Not sure what to make of him.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:13 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Ian Kinsler was a trendy guy that the experts said to avoid in drafts this season. If they had bought, maybe he'd have been going for $20+ in auction, but as it was, I got him for $12. He's off to a really nice start, hitting at the top of what should be a very productive lineup (although Miggy :-o ). I wonder if he can return to the realm of top ~3 second basemen. So far so good, but he isn't the youngest guy and he's had his injury troubles in the past. Is he a sell high or a hold? Not sure what to make of him.

How shallow of a league is it that you got Kinsler for $12? That's crazy.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:Ian Kinsler was a trendy guy that the experts said to avoid in drafts this season. If they had bought, maybe he'd have been going for $20+ in auction, but as it was, I got him for $12. He's off to a really nice start, hitting at the top of what should be a very productive lineup (although Miggy :-o ). I wonder if he can return to the realm of top ~3 second basemen. So far so good, but he isn't the youngest guy and he's had his injury troubles in the past. Is he a sell high or a hold? Not sure what to make of him.

How shallow of a league is it that you got Kinsler for $12? That's crazy.

11 team roto, $260 budget (standard I think). I guess that was my thinking. He was a trendy guy to "hate," but that was based on the expected price. I found myself bidding on him even though I had kind of decided I didn't want him when I realized the bidding was slowing down even in the single digits (and I had yet to buy a single MI). I've always liked him, but I guess I have the same concerns about him that I did about CarGo. The breakdown in the second half (healthwise) is a distinct possibility. I could also see him regressing to somewhere in the .260 range in batting average (could even be less except for the hot start).

I'm also pretty psyched about Chris Colabello's performance in the early going. Double jeopardy against my David Price, but for a FA pickup, the dude is raking. I doubt anyone would really let me "sell high" on him, but in a league with deep rosters, he could be a valuable RBI guy all season.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby germani40 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Already have Wright, thinking I might offer him to a guy who has quite a few CI and is short on OF for Edwin.

I have Edwin and I have been debating on offering him for Wright. I cant decide what side of the deal I would want.
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 78)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Pujols with #7 and 8 on the season and more importantly i believe #499 and 500.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

germani40 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Already have Wright, thinking I might offer him to a guy who has quite a few CI and is short on OF for Edwin.

I have Edwin and I have been debating on offering him for Wright. I cant decide what side of the deal I would want.

Oops, I can see how that would be confusing, I was saying I might offer Justin Upton for Edwin.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
germani40 wrote:

Oops, I can see how that would be confusing, I was saying I might offer Justin Upton for Edwin.

I can see how that one would be a close one. Not needing a 3B specifically, my gut actually says to stick with J Up. Never been a big EE guy. I got him for super cheap in his breakout campaign (what was it 2011? can't recall for sure), but I don't know if he has more upside than Upton.

Right on cue, Ding Dong. All I needed to do was say something somewhat negative about him.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers