Return to Baseball Leftovers

Week 4, Cheering and Venting & LOL @ #ARZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Week 4, Cheering and Venting & LOL @ #ARZ

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:29 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Blackmon has been a great surprise so far.

I'm sold on him actually. Not to be THIS good but to be a sure top 100 player atop the Rockies lineup. Maybe even top 50 if he scores enough runs. This years Matt Carpenter perhaps?
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 am

Starting: Wainwright, Shields, Ryu, Alex Wood and Jason Hammel.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:16 am

Trotting Jose Fernandez and Alex Wood against one another, as well as Ian Kennedy in Milwaukee. Hoping they can pick up where Teheran left off.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Kennedy and Shields going today in my money league.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Anyone thinking of selling J-Up? If so, what kind of guy do you think he can get?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Anyone thinking of selling J-Up? If so, what kind of guy do you think he can get?

I packaged Upton in a deal that landed me Miguel Cabrera. I mentioned it already I think, but it was me giving Upton, Harper, and Shields for Cabrera, Heyward, Blackmon. Not a trade I would be able to make if Upton isn't the current 13th ranked player on yahoo IMO.

I'm thinking you should be able to get a solid pitcher for him though at this point. His ADP was what... 35-40ish? That's about where a lot of aces were being taken and I'm thinking if they have a struggling offense they will see that Upton was a highly touted player is performing well and it will be believable enough for them to give up an ace. You also might find luck trying to deal Upton for a guy like Edwin Encarnacion.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Anyone thinking of selling J-Up? If so, what kind of guy do you think he can get?

Hard to say he isn't a sell high. I'd try him for David Wright straight up. He might be off to slow enough a start that an owner would be frustrated, doubtful though I guess.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

Hard to say he isn't a sell high. I'd try him for David Wright straight up. He might be off to slow enough a start that an owner would be frustrated, doubtful though I guess.

Upton isn't a sell high because he isn't CAPABLE of putting up these stats, he's a sell high because of the way he has gotten them. He has been completely horrible outside of his 6 game hot streak.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

Upton isn't a sell high because he isn't CAPABLE of putting up these stats, he's a sell high because of the way he has gotten them. He has been completely horrible outside of his 6 game hot streak.

Well, I'm just saying that even if he is having a hot start, or if this six game hot streak he's having has boosted him into "hot start" status for the season, I just couldn't ever trust him after last season. Hence I didn't draft him anywhere. But I'd sell him high if I had him. I'm just worried others are too onto him by now as well.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

Well, I'm just saying that even if he is having a hot start, or if this six game hot streak he's having has boosted him into "hot start" status for the season, I just couldn't ever trust him after last season. Hence I didn't draft him anywhere. But I'd sell him high if I had him. I'm just worried others are too onto him by now as well.

But he's also capable of seasons like 2011 and 2009... Or better. If we are talking capability Upton ranks up there with the best of them. But he is so streaky that it really is hard to trust him.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers