Return to Baseball Leftovers

2014 early season illusions and realities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2014 early season illusions and realities

Postby colt4523 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 pm

JV 5 ks in 14 inn isn't very good. I had him for the first time last year and he seemed to stop striking batters out. Looks like that is the case so far.

How about EE? Encarnacion has been absolutely horrible so far. ZERO hrs and ZERO rbis from the 3rd hole is ridiculous. Blue Jay fans is he still having problems with his wrist?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OBPlover » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:58 am

colt4523 wrote:JV 5 ks in 14 inn isn't very good. I had him for the first time last year and he seemed to stop striking batters out. Looks like that is the case so far.

How about EE? Encarnacion has been absolutely horrible so far. ZERO hrs and ZERO rbis from the 3rd hole is ridiculous. Blue Jay fans is he still having problems with his wrist?

Nope, healthy as a horse. Keep in mind last year he also got off to a terrible start (though not quite this bad). After the first 2 weeks, he was batting like .190 with just 1 HR IIRC. By the end of the month he had 9 HRs.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:48 am

colt4523 wrote:JV 5 ks in 14 inn isn't very good. I had him for the first time last year and he seemed to stop striking batters out. Looks like that is the case so far.

Encarnacion is one of the top buy lows IMO right now. If you can pry him away from an owner at a reasonable cost then I would definitely do so.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 am

What do you think about Votto? Hitting .250 with only 1 RBI.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:What do you think about Votto? Hitting .250 with only 1 RBI.

He's 50 points below his career BABIP. Give it time, I think he actually usually heats up around May. I've owned him a couple of times and he's had some monster months of May after a so so April.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:50 am

OBPlover wrote:

Nope, healthy as a horse. Keep in mind last year he also got off to a terrible start (though not quite this bad). After the first 2 weeks, he was batting like .190 with just 1 HR IIRC. By the end of the month he had 9 HRs.

Be patient with Edwin, he likes to ease his way into things. I wholeheartedly agree you should try to buy low on him, his stock is still 100% of draft value as far as I'm concerned and I own him in pretty much every league.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm thinking the sell high period for Trumbo is over. Hopefully he gets back on track because it sounds like a lot of you guys own him.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OBPlover » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:20 am

NikkiSixx wrote:I'm thinking the sell high period for Trumbo is over. Hopefully he gets back on track because it sounds like a lot of you guys own him.

Nope, not me. I just think he's somewhat underrated considering the difference in conditions that he's under. I had him last year in one league though. So I am well aware of his streakiness.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:28 am

OBPlover wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:I'm thinking the sell high period for Trumbo is over. Hopefully he gets back on track because it sounds like a lot of you guys own him.

Nope, not me. I just think he's somewhat underrated considering the difference in conditions that he's under. I had him last year in one league though. So I am well aware of his streakiness.

He'll be solid. He's definitely not a bad player, he just had max value after his series against the Rockies. He's a top 100 player though IMO.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby neoforce » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

Dee Gordon: reality. Obviously regression is coming since no one bats .400 for the year. But this will be his breakout season, with consistent playing time, 40-50 steals, run production from the top of the lineup and his average won't totally drag you down.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers