Brewers
3%
Cubs
5%

Total votes : 39

Re: Week 2, Cheering and Venting and Patience Please

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Adam Eaton-

So far not much different than the preseason hype advertised, A little power, a little speed, but nothing special. I'll give him all of April I think.

Melky Cabrera-

More power in the early going than I expected. Imminently rosterable even in shallow leagues right now based on the upside we've seen from him during his steroid days. If he's going to add 20 HR power to the mix in that lineup, I'm in.

Jose Abreu-

I was high on him in preseason, but unfortunately didn't get him anywhere. So far so good though. Would like to see some HRs, but it's early. Still has a good chance to be a top 10 1B at seasons end.

Adam LaRoche-

We've seen hot starts from him before. He's just a smidge above replacement level at CI most seasons, but he has had at least 1 very good fantasy year. No reason to think the start is a "fluke," but I wouldn't expect a true breakout.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:55 pm

That Yadi guy is good. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Kazmir be walkin' errbody.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:19 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Kazmir be walkin' errbody.

He tested my patience but ended up settling down. It was good to see him hit 92-93 on a regular basis but he clearly didn't have the location he had against the Indians. I'll take the win in an underwhelming performance (crazy how it's still a quality start).
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:39 am

Paxton going today... I wish it wasn't against the Angels again, but oh well.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:49 am

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about Paxton having to face the same team as his first start, but on the flip-side, if he pitches very well again, I'll be that much higher on the guy. So I guess I'm just hoping for the best result possible. Also have Kluber toeing the rubber against the 12 Runs in 6 Games Padres, hoping they're the medicine for what ailed him in his first turn.

The big question for me is, will Ryan Zimmerman play today?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 am

Scherzer going on one team and Lohse/Colon in my 8x8 H2H league where walks against and QS are cats. What I really need is some offense. Miguel Cabrera hit my teams lone home run last week in my H2H league. In all my years playing I don't ever remember having a week where my team hit only 1 homer. Granted I inherited the abomination of a team at the last minute but geez. Lots of work to do on that one.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:58 am

Also not a fan of starting a pitchers against the same team twice in a row. Cingrani escaped without a major catastrophe but it wasn't pretty. He wasn't locating well at all. His saving grace was his stuff is still filthy and hard to hit.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:17 am

Izenhart wrote:Also not a fan of starting a pitchers against the same team twice in a row. Cingrani escaped without a major catastrophe but it wasn't pretty. He wasn't locating well at all. His saving grace was his stuff is still filthy and hard to hit.

As long as he has that deceptive delivery and fastball location I don't see why he can't pitch well. The radar gun says low 90's, but it's gotta appear much higher than that to the hitters because he brings his arm so far back that the hitters lose the ball and then suddenly it's painting the low and away corner for a strike.

On the other hand, Michael Wacha looked solid against a team that just saw him last week. People were overpaying for Wacha IMO at fantasy drafts... but even the guys that overpaid for him might still get a nice return on his end-season value. It baffled me when I got Gerrit Cole at my money auction league for $17, and Wacha was literally the next guy nominated and went for $21... But if he pitches like this all year he is probably worth the overspend.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

This Brandon Belt fellow seems pretty good.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers