8%
Brewers
3%
Cubs
5%

Total votes : 39

Re: Week 2, Cheering and Venting and Patience Please

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Izenhart wrote:The pitch he hit yesterday was on an excuse me I was just trying to foul it off swing low and in. The kid still has tremendous power I just think he's sacrificing too much of it by not being aggressive more often.

So it was a lucky monster home run?
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:00 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
Izenhart wrote:The pitch he hit yesterday was on an excuse me I was just trying to foul it off swing low and in. The kid still has tremendous power I just think he's sacrificing too much of it by not being aggressive more often.

Yes. Anything in that location lifted that high and inches fair is 100% lucky.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:01 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:Gerrit Cole looks strong even if the stat line doesn't show it. Lots of ground balls sneaking through the infield and a lot of defensive miscues. Not to mention an extremely questionable call at the plate calling Castro safe at home when the ball appeared to beat him by a mile.

Dunno at what point in the game you posted this, but the 10 Ks were a dead giveaway :-b (I just got home and saw his line).

What are your thoughts on this group of SP that I can't really figure out...
- Corey Kluber
- Ian Kennedy
- Wade Miley
- Garrett Richards

I think I like IPK best out of them because of the park and the division, but pre-season I was higher on Miley, thinking he would not regress to what most were predicting, and I was a huge Kluber guy down the stretch last year, and what's the deal with all Richards' early BB? 8 BB in 12 IP is not a good look, and thankfully he's yet to be burned by them, but still, this is a guy who, last year, posted a 2.73 BB/9. Both ZiPS and Steamer were pretty sour on his projections, but I thought he could potentially have a breakout year. I'm befuddled on all 4 of these gentlemen.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:02 pm

I have the MLB at bat app, and the beauty of that is I get to watch pretty much every single scoring play in the highlights. I watched the play live at the bar last night, but just rewatched the replay and it looked like a sweet swing home run that he got all of. Sitting on the fastball because he's a fastball hitter, got one on his wheel house, and hit a huge home run.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Izenhart wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:

Yes. Anything in that location lifted that high and inches fair is 100% lucky.

Jose Bautista hits a lot of lucky home runs then.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't see how you can call a home run lucky because it was too high. He didn't get under it to it wouldn't have gone over the fence. You are gonna discredit it because it was barely fair and too high?
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Travis Wood is racking up the K's. Just sayin.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -101)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Izenhart » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I don't see how you can call a home run lucky because it was too high. He didn't get under it to it wouldn't have gone over the fence. You are gonna discredit it because it was barely fair and too high?

LOL like in the movie Major League it was too high to get out. No I'm just saying the swing he took yesterday was not his typical swing, so whatever result it produced I will take with a grain of salt. In today's last AB he took a good hack and singled to the oppo field. Maybe he's getting into his zone now and doing exactly what I'm asking him to do; be more aggressive at the dish.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:12 pm

In honor of Jayson Werth leaving the yard for a second consecutive day, here's his boss bat flip:
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Izenhart wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:I don't see how you can call a home run lucky because it was too high. He didn't get under it to it wouldn't have gone over the fence. You are gonna discredit it because it was barely fair and too high?

LOL like in the movie Major League it was too high to get out. No I'm just saying the swing he took yesterday was not his typical swing, so whatever result it produced I will take with a grain of salt. In today's last AB he took a good hack and singled to the oppo field. Maybe he's getting into his zone now and doing exactly what I'm asking him to do; be more aggressive at the dish.

He crushed the pitch for the home run yesterday, the swing looked sweet, I would do a GIF of it if I knew how. It was like a left handed Giancarlo Stanton homer in my eyes... The type that you are still talking about the next day lol.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers