Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/4 Cheering, Venting, & Meet the Mets!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

4/4 Cheering, Venting, & Meet the Mets!

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:19 am

Meet the Mets! Meet the Mets! Step right up and strike the Mets out 39 times in 3 games! They'll have 5,000 in attendance for the 3rd game of the season to support their stud rookie pitcher! Their bullpen will blow! Guaranteed to have the time of your life!!

The more I hear the name 'Noah', and talk of Daniel Murphy missing the first 2 games of the season on paternity leave, the less I have to think about what a horrible baseball team plays in Queens. When Terry Collins or Sandy Alderson said this team was primed to win 90 games, I can only imagine they thought we were playing 200+ games this season...

In fantasy baseball, Jose Abreu drove in 4 runs for the Chi-Sox.Todd Frazier hit 2 HR and was naturally pulled from the game, as all players who hit 2 HR do, to prevent the unprecedented 3 HR game. Coco Crisp had a well-rounded fantasy day, notching a HR, the associated RBI and R that come with it, as well as a SB, and even 3 BB if you're into that sort of thing. Ryan Zimmerman tallied 4 Hits against the Mets just one day after teammate Jayson Werth accomplished the same feat on Wednesday. Zack Wheeler threw a Quality Start, but nobody was at Citi Field to see it, and he was still a hard luck loser after the Mets couldn't get to Tanner Roark, and their bullpen was, well, their bullpen. Jose Quintana was the day's strikeout leader, tallying 8, with former pinstripe pansy Phil Hughes, Rachel Maddow with a mustache Tim Lincecum, and highly touted 2014 potential breakout candidate Chris Archer fanning 7 apiece. Of the 3, only Archer earned a Win. Matt Lindstrom blew a Save. Pedro Strop earned a Save for the Cubs, though possibly Veras was just unavailable? Time to meander over to the Closer thread...

How long til we just start doing a weekly one of these? Memorial Day?

BAL: Gonzalez (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
DET: Sanchez (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

CIN: Leake (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
NYM: Mejia (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

MIL: Estrada (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
BOS: Peavy (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

ATL: Hale (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
WSH: Zimmermann (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

MIN: Pelfrey (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
CLE: Salazar (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

PHI: Hernandez (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
CHC: Wood (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

CHW: Johnson (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
KC: Guthrie (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

SF: Vogelsong (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
LAD: Ryu (1-0, 0.00 ERA)

NYY: Tanaka (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
TOR: McGowan (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

ARI: Delgado (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
COL: Nicasio (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

TEX: Saunders (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
TB: Odorizzi (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

STL: Miller (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
PIT: Cole (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

LAA: Richards (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
HOU: Harrell (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

SD: Stults (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
MIA: Koehler (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

SEA: Young (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
OAK: Straily (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/4 Cheering, Venting, & Meet the Mets!

Postby Izenhart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:19 am

I've already got a headache chasing saves. Doesn't seem to matter who is anointed closer duties, in the end they just end up throwing gas into fire.

The Mets ARE fun to watch if you like streaming against them, so there's that.

Jose Abreu has been Frank Thomasesque so far, I'm really enjoying his long, heavy swing with high propensity for getting the fat part of the bat onto the ball.

How many more days before Dee Gordon gains 2B elig in Yahoo? Is it 5 starts? If so today may be it. ;-D
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 am

I've got Gerrit Cole and Danny Salazar both manning the mound for me today. Trying to temper expectations, but very excited for the both of them. Seeing Cole be a favorite, albeit only a slight one, against the Cards is definitely encouraging prior to the first pitch.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Izenhart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am

In the three leagues that matter to me I have no pitchers today. Gonna kick back and hope for some football scores tonight.

My staffs over the three leagues are all very similar. Own Cingrani x3, Lackey x3, Cueto x2 and a smattering of Scherzer, Sale, Greinke, Buchholz, Kazmir, (thanks Nikki), and Artful convinced me to grab Samardjiza for $9 in one league. So far so good.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby Ehlana » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:51 am

Ooh Goldschmidt in Colorado. That could be fun.
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 am

STL: Miller (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
PIT: Cole (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
;-D

sitting estrada.

nothing i can do about wood and delgado, but grit and hope for the best.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby saemick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:06 pm

was really hoping Ventura's start would just be pushed back to today, but unfortunately it looks like he won't be getting a start in week 1 for me.

Side note, anyone else rolling Delgado out in COL? I got a hunch he'll get me a QS
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rjforlife » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

I have Cole starting in both my money leagues against my hometown Cardinals, so I'm rooting for a 1-0 Cards win. The Ventura bump back hurts me pretty bad in a weekly H2H league but I'm pretending in my head that he would have gotten blown up anyways. :-°
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 pm

rjforlife wrote:I have Cole starting in both my money leagues against my hometown Cardinals, so I'm rooting for a 1-0 Cards win. The Ventura bump back hurts me pretty bad in a weekly H2H league but I'm pretending in my head that he would have gotten blown up anyways. :-°

You aren't starting him in the one I'm in! :-b
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Braun is dealing with a sore thumb again, MLB.com's Adam McCalvy reports.

Spin: For the second straight season, Braun is dealing with a nerve issue in his arm, which is preventing him determining how much grip strength he is exerting, and has led to blisters on his hand. Braun will play through the pain for now and is in Friday's lineup, but he will either have to find a way to manage the pain, or undergo surgery to fix the nerve issues.

Aww crap. Get back on the roids plz.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers