Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/3 Cheering, Venting, and pitching circa 1968

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/3 Cheering, Venting, and pitching circa 1968

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Looks like Duda will be the regular 1B starter for the Mets, can I drop Ike?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:00 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Looks like Duda will be the regular 1B starter for the Mets, can I drop Ike?

im avoiding that whole situation. I had ike and dropped him, but they have three guys they plan on using at 1B, so nobody has any value.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 am

information for your back pocket.

Ryne Sandberg explained why he ...He likes to shuffle. It's good for the old guys, good for the young guys, good for everyone, Sandberg believes.

...when the players arrived for work Tuesday, the lineup card had been significantly altered. Only two players - centerfielder Ben Revere and shortstop Jimmy Rollins - had remained at the same position on the field and in the batting order.

"I like the lineup against . . . tonight's lefty," Sandberg said. "Different lefties are different, but for this lefty tonight I like this lineup with the balance. I also like to play the whole roster and get everybody in
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Izenhart » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:37 am

NikkiSixx wrote:
rotoquest wrote:Zack Wheeler: 6 strikeouts in 3 IP so far, and it seems like the strike zone is really small the way the ump is calling it.

I'm watching that one and just kinda shaking my head at Bryce Harper at bats. he is seeing a lot of straight pitches in the strike zone that he is either fouling off or swinging through. I'm hoping that blow to the head in the first game isn't lingering...

To my eye his swing is slower than usual. Even the announcers said something about it yesterday so its not just me. Not sure if the bulking up has anything to do with it or the head injury. Does anyone know if theres a site that tracks players swing speed and how Harper is doing in comparison to other years?
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers