Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo lineup malfunction?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo lineup malfunction?

Postby mayor quimby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:You can't change it once the season starts. Maybe, if you contact yahoo customer care, they could help.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index ... S_FAN_BASE

I believe you are right, Ray.

This is complete B.S. because this had to have been the "new" default setting as I made zero changes to the league.

Yahoo has effed me numerous times, but this just goes over the top. I am beyond pissed. ESPN here I come... :-P

Other people in the cafe have got to be experiencing the same issue, no?
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Give customer care a try. They have helped me a couple of times in the past.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 159)

Postby hardyworld » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I have been playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball for over 15 years and the default setting has always been "Daily-Tomorrow".

IMPORTANT WARNING:
Several years ago the "Daily-Today" setting was made available for private leagues, and last year (2013) one of my private leagues finally decided to switch to the "Daily-Today" option to have 'instantaneous' roster changes. However, a few weeks into the season we found that this setting disallowed managers to makes (certain) transactions once the day's games had begun. Unlike ESPN settings that effectively make the transaction the next day when you try to make a roster change at 7pm, Yahoo would not allow the manager to make the roster change at all since the player they were dropping was on the active roster (this didn't apply to players currently on the bench). This ended up giving managers who managed their teams in the mornings a big advantage on transactions over those managers who do evening managing. We ended up contacting Customer Care concerning this and they told us that this part of the "Daily-Today" setting was intentional and would remain the way it works. They did offer to change our league back to "Daily-Tomorrow", which we eagerly accepted due to the experienced issues. This is a word of warning when using the "Daily-Today" setting on Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, it does NOT work exactly like ESPN leagues.
Last edited by hardyworld on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals
hardyworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Maris09 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:12 pm

mayor quimby wrote:This is false. Like I said I've been playing Yahoo for years and I've picked up a probable pitcher in the morning right before a start a countless number of times.

It's not false, it just depends on the way your league is set up. The default is Daily-Tomorrow, so that's how most people's leagues are run. I've played in Yahoo for 10 years and never been in a Daily-Today league. Not saying it doens't exist, just that the more common way (at least on Yahoo for baseball), is Daily-Tomorrow.

Something weird must be up though because I've seen a few people speak up about this on my League message boards suprised that it's not same day. Which is very strange, since the process has been the same in those leagues for years and years and they've been in the league the whole time.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

mayor quimby wrote:I just found the setting...

Only apply in Head-to-Head leagues
Maximum player acquisitions per week:
Minimum innings pitched per team per week:
Allow roster changes: Daily - Tomorrow
Start League scoring in: Week 1 (Mar 22)
Playoff Weeks:
Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 22 to Sep 28
Playoff Reseeding: Details
Lock Eliminated Teams: Details
Divisions: No
Submit Cancel

Here's what my league is set to, but it doesn't have a drop-down menu that has other options. Can anybody help me here? I want to go back to the way it has always been.

bigh0rt wrote:
Ray Zorback wrote:

This is false. Like I said I've been playing Yahoo for years and I've picked up a probable pitcher in the morning right before a start a countless number of times.

It has been several years since Yahoo added "Daily- Today" in baseball. Prior to that, I believe all leagues were "Daily- Tomorrow." You are obviously used to leagues with "Daily-Today," but you find yourself in a league with "Daily- Tomorrow" as the setting.

I always preferred "Daily- Today" because I like to be able to pick up a guy and play him in the event that a player in my lineup has an unexpected day off.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Re:

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

garf112 wrote:We switched to faab which means waivers every night. The setting daily-tomorrow means even though the waiver was processed at 3am, the roster is not updated until the next day. That just seems wrong. Seems like something wasn't thought through when implementing the new faab settings.

There is no reason to have "Daily - Tomorrow" as the setting in a league with rolling waivers. Just adds a pointless extra day you have to wait.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby mayor quimby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I contacted customer care and they said they are able to resolve my situation. Yahoo has redeemed itself.

CBMGreatOne wrote:There is no reason to have "Daily - Tomorrow" as the setting in a league with rolling waivers. Just adds a pointless extra day you have to wait.

Bingo. This is what I'm saying. Why would one want to add a player and not be able to play him until the following day? If one of my players gets scratched I can't make a move right before the game? That's insane.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hardyworld » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Heed my warning, gentlemen.
2011 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals
hardyworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

mayor quimby wrote:I contacted customer care and they said they are able to resolve my situation. Yahoo has redeemed itself.

CBMGreatOne wrote:There is no reason to have "Daily - Tomorrow" as the setting in a league with rolling waivers. Just adds a pointless extra day you have to wait.

Bingo. This is what I'm saying. Why would one want to add a player and not be able to play him until the following day? If one of my players gets scratched I can't make a move right before the game? That's insane.

Its not insane at all.
This isnt football. There are 162 games. 1 game missed is not a big deal.

People that play in Daily - Tomorrow leagues (and thats the majority of us) just plan ahead.
Nothing worse than being in a H2H league where the opposing manager can pick up 3 pitchers minutes before game time on Sunday and play them all against you, totally blowing up the strategy you had in place for the previous few days.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby mayor quimby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 am

TheTrith wrote:Its not insane at all.
This isnt football. There are 162 games. 1 game missed is not a big deal.

What do the number of games have to do with anything? And as far as the probable pitchers thing, they can just pick up those pitchers on Saturday, Friday, Thursday, etc. instead of sunday... The Daily - Tomorrow setting in no way prevents a manager from snagging all available pitching for even an entire week, it's just a completely pointless and annoying.

I've always been under the school of thought that fantasy baseball should be as close to major league baseball, as far as transactions go, as possible. Not only can a team trade for another player in MLB on any given day and have a contract going retroactively, they can do this between a double header! (which has been done before). I just think it's cool, and no reason why fantasy should be any different.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers