Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo lineup malfunction?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo lineup malfunction?

Postby mayor quimby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 am

I've made changes to my lineup twice now, prior to any games being started. The changes have been taking effect the day after each transaction.

Yesterday I swapped out Nate Jones for Matt Lindstrom before the game started. Today I have added Jonathan Villar due to Reyes landing on the DL. Lindstrom was not added to my roster until this morning and Villar is still not on there right now, even though it says I added him on the home page, the SS slot is blank on my team.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a new default setting that I'm missing?
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo lineup malfunction?

Postby ramble2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 am

mayor quimby wrote:I've made changes to my lineup twice now, prior to any games being started. The changes have been taking effect the day after each transaction.

Yesterday I swapped out Nate Jones for Matt Lindstrom before the game started. Today I have added Jonathan Villar due to Reyes landing on the DL. Lindstrom was not added to my roster until this morning and Villar is still not on there right now, even though it says I added him on the home page, the SS slot is blank on my team.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a new default setting that I'm missing?

In my experience, transactions like this always occur the following day. It's been like that for years on Yahoo. Not sure whether you can change it to same-day transactions in the Commissioner Settings.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Postby mayor quimby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:12 pm

What do you mean by "transactions like this"? I've been using Yahoo for years. When you make a free agent transaction, it has always been that your lineup reflects this change instantaneously.

Another weird thing: when I go to propose a trade, Jonathan Villar appears as being on my team, but otherwise, on my regular team roster page, the SS slot is still just blank...

What the hell?? I have to have my SS slot unoccupied for tonight? And I don't get credit for Lindstrom's save from last night?

WTF?!?

Sorry, Ramble, I appreciate the input, I'm just PO'ed about this...
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:43 pm

look at your league settings. See if they are set for "daily -today" or something else.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 159)

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm

ramble2 wrote:In my experience, transactions like this always occur the following day. It's been like that for years on Yahoo. Not sure whether you can change it to same-day transactions in the Commissioner Settings.

This is what I'm thinking as well...it's funny how I don't remember off hand for 100% and I've played on Yahoo for a decade or more....but I'm pretty sure this is how it's always been. The only roster changes you can do same day are players already on your team...bench to start lineup/rotation or whatever. FA pickups or WW pickups take place the following day they get picked up. You've never been able to pickup a pitcher to start for you that same day...you pick him up a day early to start for you tomorrow.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 pm

J35J wrote:
ramble2 wrote:In my experience, transactions like this always occur the following day. It's been like that for years on Yahoo. Not sure whether you can change it to same-day transactions in the Commissioner Settings.

This is what I'm thinking as well...it's funny how I don't remember off hand for 100% and I've played on Yahoo for a decade or more....but I'm pretty sure this is how it's always been. The only roster changes you can do same day are players already on your team...bench to start lineup/rotation or whatever. FA pickups or WW pickups take place the following day they get picked up. You've never been able to pickup a pitcher to start for you that same day...you pick him up a day early to start for you tomorrow.

There is a setting for "daily - today" in private leagues. You can pick up a player and immediately put him in your lineup if their game has not started.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:
J35J wrote:

There is a setting for "daily - today" in private leagues. You can pick up a player and immediately put him in your lineup if their game has not started.

It's been a number of years since I played Yahoo!, but this has to be a relatively new feature. I remember Genie explaining a year or two ago how Yahoo! specifically did not offer the ability to Add a player from FA and insert him into your roster on the same day. Again, it's possible that Y! has since changed their game. In all the years I played there, though, it was never an option.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 pm

League ID#: 143271
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1450
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Monday, Mar 29
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

This league was from 2010. I just now went in and created a league and it's still an option. Your choices are 1)daily-today 2)daily-tomorrow 3)weekly-Monday.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mayor quimby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I just found the setting...

Only apply in Head-to-Head leagues
Maximum player acquisitions per week:
Minimum innings pitched per team per week:
Allow roster changes: Daily - Tomorrow
Start League scoring in: Week 1 (Mar 22)
Playoff Weeks:
Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 22 to Sep 28
Playoff Reseeding: Details
Lock Eliminated Teams: Details
Divisions: No
Submit Cancel

Here's what my league is set to, but it doesn't have a drop-down menu that has other options. Can anybody help me here? I want to go back to the way it has always been.

bigh0rt wrote:
Ray Zorback wrote:
J35J wrote:

This is false. Like I said I've been playing Yahoo for years and I've picked up a probable pitcher in the morning right before a start a countless number of times.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:22 pm

You can't change it once the season starts. Maybe, if you contact yahoo customer care, they could help.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index ... S_FAN_BASE
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers