Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Dickerson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Corey Dickerson

Postby Pochucker » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Anyone have any insight into Colorado OF situation ? I believer that Dickerson could hit 20 HRs in Coors with regular Abs. His contact rate not bad for someone with decent power.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Corey Dickerson

Postby fast dogs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 pm

he is going to need an injury to Cargo or Cuddyer for regular ab's; they have 5 decent options there and the big 2 aren't going to miss much when healthy. He's a better play in a league when you can set your lineup 5 minutes before each days lineup locks. Stubbs & Blackmon(also lefty) will hurt his playing time
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 417)

Postby Ursa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Hmmmm. I have him covering while Kemp is out and I was hoping he would be getting three out of four days. Maybe not. Other options are Nick Castellanos, Junior Lake and Michael Choice. Of these, I guess Castellanos would be the best bet, followed by Lake.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:50 am

Dickerson might play that much but it is really hard to say right now; I'd go with 1 of the other 2 and get more starts this week
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 417)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:38 am

Dickerson isn't going to get the Abs right now. I kind of wish they would just put him in AAA to keep him fresh. When PT does open up for him he's a great play at home, especially if hes near the top of the order
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby BChinly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Go Charlie Blackmon!!! ;-D
Bringing back Activeness with Boredom.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby converge241 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:04 am

Go Corey Dickerson!

Corey Dickerson went 3-for-4 with a two-run homer and a double against the Giants on Monday.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 am

With Cuddyer out it looks like Dickerson could see regular playing time. And you never know with Cargo being hurt all the time... Dickerson could end up seeing 400 or so at bats this year. I would want to own both Dickerson and Blackmon if they played full time.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:34 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:With Cuddyer out it looks like Dickerson could see regular playing time. And you never know with Cargo being hurt all the time... Dickerson could end up seeing 400 or so at bats this year. I would want to own both Dickerson and Blackmon if they played full time.

Blackmon is currently #1 on the player rater. He's also essentially playing full time (every bit as full time as CarGo). As for Dickerson, I really like him too, but the clock will probably run out once Cuddyer comes back. Short term he's great, and if CarGo needs a DL stint (not unlikely) he'll be great then too. I might try to platoon him with another guy while he's on the road, but at home, he's a viable OF start every time he's in there.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:With Cuddyer out it looks like Dickerson could see regular playing time. And you never know with Cargo being hurt all the time... Dickerson could end up seeing 400 or so at bats this year. I would want to own both Dickerson and Blackmon if they played full time.

Blackmon is currently #1 on the player rater. He's also essentially playing full time (every bit as full time as CarGo). As for Dickerson, I really like him too, but the clock will probably run out once Cuddyer comes back. Short term he's great, and if CarGo needs a DL stint (not unlikely) he'll be great then too. I might try to platoon him with another guy while he's on the road, but at home, he's a viable OF start every time he's in there.

Yep, that's why I would want to own them both and start them both on days they are playing in Coors Field. Blackmon is a decent hitter on the road... But I'm thinking most of his counting stats will come at home.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Return to Baseball Leftovers