Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grady Sizemore?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Grady Sizemore?

Postby pmstick » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Earned the CF spot and will start the season batting in the middle of the lineup?

Should I drop Bryce Harper for him???

No seriously, my final OF spot is between Desmond Jennings and Adam Eaton so I have a close eye on this. Anybody care to comment? He's only 31. Any chance at staying on the field and having an impact? Players do pretty well when hitting in the middle of the Red Sox lineup.
12 Team H2H

C Posey (1B)
1B Butler
2B Pedroia
SS Andrus
3B Prado (2B, OF)
OF Harper, Heyward, Craig (1B)
UTL Jennings
SP Darvish, Latos, Cobb, Moore
RP Balfour

B Burnett, Ross, Wood, Dickey, Porcello, Kennedy
B Eaton

DL Holland+
pmstick
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grady Sizemore?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I like Sizemore as much as anybody but I'd certainly rather have Eaton and Jennings. I grabbed him as my very last pick in a 14 team league with deep rosters. Could he have a back from the dead kind of season? Sure, but I probably wouldn't call him even a top 60 OF at this point.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Is he full time? I expected a platoon of sorts to try and keep him healthy.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Is he full time? I expected a platoon of sorts to try and keep him healthy.

I've read that he won the starting job in CF, but they do have guys like Mike Carp and Daniel Nava who can play the OF so I'd expect that his ABs/gms will be managed to some degree. I'd think of him as a 4 out of 5 games kind of guy as long as he stays healthy and productive. High maintenance for sure, but if you can manage that, he has some potential.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mkultra » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 am

Playing time is going to be an issue. He's probably rosterable in a 14-team daily league if you've got a deep enough bench to hold a spare OF for his off days. Other than that, I think his production's a bit of a mirage.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:01 am

In leagues you can set your lineup daily I would roster him. He will probably jump all around the lineup, I can see him batting 1,2 and 5-9 and play 4-5 days a week. The Red Sox have the deepest bench and bullpen in the majors and one of the highest OBP lineups too, which means lots of ABs for the 1,2 hitters. With Victorino sort of hurting I am optimistic for Sizemore right now and have picked him up in one of my two money leagues.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 am

With Victorino on DL as of today, Grady should be seeing pretty consistent playing time for the near future. They have a deep enough bench that he doesn't need to play everyday, but as others have said, in a daily league, he's worth rostering for now.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:00 pm

Sizemore should be good until let's say...oh the 3rd week of April. The real bet should be who hits the DL first, Sizemore in Boston or Brian Roberts in NY lol.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2707)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:54 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Sizemore should be good until let's say...oh the 3rd week of April. The real bet should be who hits the DL first, Sizemore in Boston or Brian Roberts in NY lol.

That's a good question. If Sizemore is ever on 1st base against the Yankees I'll be watching for a gruesome collision at second.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Return to Baseball Leftovers