Return to Baseball Leftovers

BJ Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BJ Upton

Postby footballisbetter.com » Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm

ever since BJ started wearing glasses, he is on a modest 5 game hit streak. He also had a HR and a steal last night. I'm not picking him up yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Sat May 03, 2014 9:37 pm

This is what Upton does. Tease you. You want to win your league? Don't have this bum on your team, Thats a good start ;-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby OBPlover » Sun May 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Uggh, I bit the bullet and picked him up now that Michael Bourn got hurt, in a deeper 5 x5 league I'm in.

He went 0-2 but you know what's encouraging? 2 Walks! Isn't that more walks than he had all of last year? :-D The glasses might be helping him.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby Surfs up » Sun May 04, 2014 6:33 pm

LOL now that you are a BJ owner you have to keep telling yourself that. Better you than me.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon May 05, 2014 11:34 pm

He absolutely could just be teasing, and probably is. I'm just a sucker for any of these, "Yeah, but there is a reason!" scenarios (like Upton starting to wear glasses). Years ago when Randy Johnson was incredibly wild and not particularly noteworthy, I had a soft spot for him. One day he pitched a really good game, and afterwards I read that he had a heart to heart talk with Nolan Ryan where Ryan basically impressed upon him, "You could be incredible. You could be me. But you can't do any of that if you can't get your pitches under control." I saw that potential catalyst, traded for him, and never looked back; that really did end up seemingly being a pretty pivotal moment in his career. And given that I benefited from that one, I'm sure I'm overly quick to look for other examples...

Oh - and I drafted Upton pre-glasses this season, so I certainly hope there is something to it ;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Surfs up » Wed May 07, 2014 5:40 pm

So the streak is over and he's now 1-8 with 1 rbi and 1 sb. Maybe he needs to go back in and have his eyes checked? Or maybe this is what you get the whole year? I doubt its his eyes. And I doubt he have another 7 game hitting streak. Looks like the ride is over boys and girls.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers