Return to Baseball Leftovers

BJ Upton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BJ Upton

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 am

I'll bet the guys in your leagues are hoping you follow your own advice. Good luck with BJ. I'll need it. :-)
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Surfs up wrote:I'll bet the guys in your leagues are hoping you follow your own advice. Good luck with BJ. I'll need it. :-)

I did follow my own advice, took BJ in the 22nd round in a 12 team mixed league. I'm looking forward to the 80R / 18 HR / 35 SB season he's about to put up.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby West » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Surfs up wrote: Good luck with BJ. I'll need it. :-)

I agree, you're going to need the luck.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:24 pm

West wrote:
Surfs up wrote:I'll bet the guys in your leagues are hoping you follow your own advice. Good luck with BJ. I'll need it. :-)

I did follow my own advice, took BJ in the 22nd round in a 12 team mixed league. I'm looking forward to the 80R / 18 HR / 35 SB season he's about to put up.

Would you like a little salt with that crow? :-D :-D :-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby West » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Surfs up wrote:
West wrote:

Would you like a little salt with that crow? :-D :-D :-D

Tell me how a 22nd round draft pick can do anything to hurt my team? It's a zero risk, huge reward move. BJ will sit on my bench behind Leonys Martin and whoever is hot will play.

Seriously, I'd like to see one stat line or bit of objective reasoning supporting your position. I stole a perennial 20/40 outfielder in the 22nd round who is coming off ONE down year. The only point you've proven thus far is that you got burned by him last year. I'm sorry you got caught up in the hype after the big signing, and I'm sorry you have such a short memory. The rest of us are getting in while the stock is low.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Upton can be as bad as he was last year (I doubt it), or he could post numbers closer to what he did in 2012. None would truly surprise me and I'm sure he will be somewhere in between... But he IS a very high upside player that can be had at the end of fantasy drafts. I like the Carlos Gomez comparison.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm happy you like Upton. Congrats. I hope he does what you project him to do. Good luck ;-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Surfs up wrote:I'm happy you like Upton. Congrats. I hope he does what you project him to do. Good luck ;-D

Mid season form on day 1...0-4 with 2 Ks and 3 LOB lol. Yeah batting him 2nd is a great idea. The 2 Uptons, Uggla and Gattis along with the pitcher all in the lineup regularly. This may set some sort of K record.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2707)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
Surfs up wrote:I'm happy you like Upton. Congrats. I hope he does what you project him to do. Good luck ;-D

Mid season form on day 1...0-4 with 2 Ks and 3 LOB lol. Yeah batting him 2nd is a great idea. The 2 Uptons, Uggla and Gattis along with the pitcher all in the lineup regularly. This may set some sort of K record.

If I were the Braves hitting coach I'd keep my bags packed.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby West » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:32 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:

And Salvador Perez is going to hit 1.000 this season.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers