Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is there a Trout/Harper/Braun out there this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Howie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Someone who we should be targeting in the middle to late rounds that will either start the year in the bigs or be a mid season callup? Obviously I know these prospects don't come along every year. Perhaps a more accurate question is if there is a Trout-lite out there?
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is there a Trout/Harper/Braun out there this year?

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Buxton and Taveras are the most viable candidates but neither is likely to be a stud this year. Trout didn't do a whole lot in his first partial season.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby West » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Possibly Springer, but it will come with a terrible average. So...no...
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:58 am

From what I hear Buxton has a lot of comparison to Trout as far as age and perfomance in minors. Doubt he is a stud this year, but could be in the future.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Tennessee Jed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:36 am

I think Javier Baez will be the prospect to own this summer. Out of the top 10 (excluding Bogearts since he's already in the MLB) I think he has the most of that special blend of uber-talent and opportunity.
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 am

Tennessee Jed wrote:I think Javier Baez will be the prospect to own this summer. Out of the top 10 (excluding Bogearts since he's already in the MLB) I think he has the most of that special blend of uber-talent and opportunity.

This is who I was going to say. He has yet to be optioned down by the Cubs this spring. He probably still will be but he should be up by June I'd imagine.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby Pablo975 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:21 pm

This thread pleases me so far....cause I have all three of them stashed in a dynasty league! Yay me!

I think Buxton is the most likely to put up Trout numbers. Similar (or better) stats at this point.

I think Tavares is most likely to put up solid numbers FIRST. He just needs PT and health.

I think Baez might be THE most valuable long term as he's working out at 2B/3B as the Cubs are jammed with Castro at SS and have another solid SS in the minors. If he puts up stupid numbers AND qualified at any ONE (or more) of SS/2B? BEAST. Even at 3B, he'd be top shelf.
"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -20)

Postby jeffmerk » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Pablo975 wrote:This thread pleases me so far....cause I have all three of them stashed in a dynasty league! Yay me!

I think Buxton is the most likely to put up Trout numbers. Similar (or better) stats at this point.

I think Tavares is most likely to put up solid numbers FIRST. He just needs PT and health.

I think Baez might be THE most valuable long term as he's working out at 2B/3B as the Cubs are jammed with Castro at SS and have another solid SS in the minors. If he puts up stupid numbers AND qualified at any ONE (or more) of SS/2B? BEAST. Even at 3B, he'd be top shelf.

How many teams in your Dynasty league?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:13 am

Of what you would call the Top choices.

Bryron Buxton

The Talent is there to do it but if he see major league action this season it likely going to be just a cup of coffee in September.

Xander Bogaerts

If you where going to pick on to bet on it's Bogaerts. although his string Training stats are not all that impressive. Although that may or may not mean anything.

Oscar Taveras

Possable mid-season callup and he does have the talent to do it but I wouldn't say he will.

Javier Baez

He is hitting a hot bat this Spring Training and right now might have the best chance at it.

Another name that might get overlooked but might be able to do it is Carlos Correa and another this discussion has focused on prospect and there is one former prospect you can't rule out in Jurickson Profar.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

Anyone think Buxton will be up before September? I don't know if he is worth a bench spot in my keeper league with small benches.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers