Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

KEEPER ADVICE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KEEPER ADVICE

Postby AMAZINFAN69 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi all newbie to the board and looking for some advice. I am in a 10 team H2H 5 player keeper league, not big money or anything just a bunch of friends mostly playing for bragging rights(more important then money), lol! I have 4 of my guys set and I would love some advice on the last spot. My 4 set guys are: Harper, Beltre, Reyes and Billy Hamilton...yeah you read that right I am protection Hamilton. I am thinking with Reyes and Hamilton I will control at least SB and maybe runs, hits and XBH as well, just my thoughts and I am willing to roll the dice on it. Now I have the following left for my last spot: Freeman, A. Gonzalez and Granderson, here is my scoring:

Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Total Bases (TB), Errors (E), Batting Average (AVG), Extra Base Hits (XBH)

Any thoughts?
AMAZINFAN69
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: KEEPER ADVICE

Postby goods5119 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I'd keep Freeman and Gonzalez and toss Hamilton back. One of the things to consider with a keeper is will that player be available when you draft. Do you think you could re-draft Hamilton in the first round or do you think someone else will grab him? Would your leaguemates rank him ahead of Freeman and Gonzalez? I'd say definitely not. Hamilton hasn't shown an ability to make consistent contact yet. The other two are established studs. Even if you don't want to keep both Freeman and Gonzo, they still have trade value that Hamilton doesn't have. I wouldn't even consider Granderson. He's done. I wouldn't touch him as my fifth OF in a ten teamer.
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 59)

Postby AMAZINFAN69 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks Goods, I didn't look at it that way and makes sense......cut down is tomorrow night now I have more thinking to do, lol!
AMAZINFAN69
T-Ball Trainer

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:18 am

With only 5 keepers, you go sure things, not maybes.
Keeping Hamilton is a bad move.
Freeman and AGon easily.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 363)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby AMAZINFAN69 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:With only 5 keepers, you go sure things, not maybes.
Keeping Hamilton is a bad move.
Freeman and AGon easily.

Hootie, thanks for the response, I am going risk/reward here with Hamilton feeling that with him and Reyes I own at lest SB if not more cat's. I agree Freeman and Gonzo are studs but both play the same position and I feel could get guys like this in the 1st 2 rounds.
AMAZINFAN69
T-Ball Trainer

Postby kidsilk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:44 pm

You CAN"T keep Hamilton with having AGon and Freeman, two 25HR 100 RBI guys. Hamilton is a one trick pony at this point and won't contribute enough to be a top keeper. Don't be foolish and keep your studs.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=467522
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2076)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 pm

I would also keep Freeman and Gonzalez. Grand has serious power but OBP isn't counted so power hitters take a little bit of a hit where good hitting solid ball players value goes up.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1766)

Postby baegames » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Freeman and Gonzo, not even close.

If you are looking for a different type of league, ask me about this one: