Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

keeper advice-Sale, Price or Bogaerts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

keeper advice-Sale, Price or Bogaerts

Postby goods5119 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:12 pm

All, new to this forum, but I've been playing fantasy baseball for about 15 years. I'm in a very competitive money keeper league. it's basic 5x5 roto with 10 teams. We keep five, and there's no draft penalty or bonus based on where a player was selected. The keepers for the league are the top 50 picks then the rest of the pool is available in round 6.

I made a series of deals to have these four automatic keepers: Trout, Miggy, Goldschmidt and Kershaw.

Here's the candidates for the last spot(in order of how likely I would be to keep): Sale, Bogaerts, Price, Carpenter, Andrus, Trumbo.

One constant in this league is that pitching is undervalued by most of the other managers. I'm still leaning towards keeping Sale, but there will be very good SPs that won't be kept.

Who do you keep?
Last edited by goods5119 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: keeper advice

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I would take Sale too. You're lucky to have the three top fantasy hitters and the best pitcher in Kershaw. Sale complements your team really well going into the draft.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby goods5119 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks...anyone else?
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AMAZINFAN69 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Your team is loaded with hitters and with that said I would keep fielder. The reason I would do that is because then your hitters would be pretty set and your 1st couple picks could be pitching. With Miggy, Trout, Goldschmidt and Fielder you are gonna be hard to beat on the offensive end and you have a great start with Kershaw in the pitching end. Nice team.....
AMAZINFAN69
T-Ball Trainer

Postby goods5119 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:15 pm

I'd love to keep Fielder...unfortunately, he's not on my roster!
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

Re: keeper advice-Sale, Price or Bogaerts

Postby Thech@mp4ever » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:30 am

I say Sale easily...it rounds out your team....you'll have 3 of the too 5 hitters and 2 of the top 5 pitchers. I doubt there will be anyone better than sale available in the draft and if there is then take them and you'll have of 3 of the top five hitters and pitchers for fantasy

viewtopic.php?t=467527
Thech@mp4ever
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 38)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Tough decision, but I would keep Sale also, but if your league really devalues pitchers I would keep Professor X. ;-D
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1766)

Postby goods5119 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 pm

After looking at the rosters, it looks like Scherzer, Strasburg, Felix, Fernandez and Darvish are going to be the only starting pitchers that are kept, so guys like Lee, Wainwright, Bumgarner and Verlander(along with Price if I throw him back) will be available in the draft.
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions