Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper League - Trade Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League - Trade Question

Postby cubsfan61 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

I'm in a Keeper League where you keep 5 players from the first 16 rounds of the draft and then 6 additional players from round 17-22 (plus any waiver wire pickups can be kept as part of this group of 6). I took over an abandoned team last year, which doesn't really have any top 10 talent, but improved it over last year. Here are my current keepers:

Encarnacion
Beltre
Segura
R Zimmerman
Cespedis
Werth
J Fernandez
W Myers
Rizzo
Gyorko
Teheran

I've been offered a couple trades - Heyward for Zimmerman. This one is tempting if Heyward bounces back. This would leave me with only Beltre at 3B (once Encarnacion loses 3B eligibility), and he's getting pretty old.

The other offer is Alex Gordon (or Domonic Brown) for Jayson Werth. Werth put up nice numbers last year, but he's constantly getting hurt and is also getting up there in age.

Our offensive categories are: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Would you take either of these trade offers?

Kevin
cubsfan61
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League - Trade Question

Postby Jase44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm

I personally like the Gordon trade, specially with all the batting stats you have - he is a solid round player, Werth could easily regress.

Don't think I would move Zimmerman for Heyward but considering you have Beltre and E5 I would look at moving him maybe to upgrade 2b or a SP, Medlen, Weaver - something like that.
Jase44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 336)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:50 pm

I'd take the Gordon for Werth trade for sure.

I'd be inclined to take Heyward for Zimmerman. The latter should be steady but probably lacks additional upside to produce equally as well as his 2009 season. Heyward was unfortunate with fluky injuries he had last year; I'd take a chance on a rebound.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby kidsilk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:24 pm

I'd do both trades and get Gordon and Heyward.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=467497
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2076)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions