Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL up and coming pitchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL up and coming pitchers

Postby Bozo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:46 am

In a dynasty AL only 4x4 league how do you guys rate the following three young pitchers, both for this year and the future?
Gausman, Ventura, Paxton
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AL up and coming pitchers

Postby hot4tx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 pm

For 2014 I'd rank them Paxton, Ventura, Gausman. Long-term I think I like Gausman's top-end potential more than Ventura, but for 2014 and 2015 seasons Ventura may have more opportunity to make a splash so I'd rather have him right now.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 pm

I just heard about Ventura today as he faced the Giants. Was sitting 98 with an 86 mpg change. Looks like he'll be in line to start the season as the 5th starter for the royals. Any ideas what to expect from him this season?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby J35J » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I just heard about Ventura today as he faced the Giants. Was sitting 98 with an 86 mpg change. Looks like he'll be in line to start the season as the 5th starter for the royals. Any ideas what to expect from him this season?

Yup, I think he has the fastest average fastball velocity for a starter...or darn close. His only issue is the same issue for most young pitchers with good stuff, command and pitch efficiency(100 pitches through 5 innings type of thing.)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Return to Baseball Leftovers