Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What rd. for Javier Baez? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brooklynborn82 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 am

In a 12 team, 5x5 OPS keeper league with a 27 round snake draft. Keeper tax of 5 rds for every you keep player.

My question is where would you guys draft Javier Baez, if you could roster him until he comes up? Trying to find a happy medium in a spot where I have control over him for multiple years, but worried about another squad jumping on him. Last year, a squad drafted Puig in the 17th with the pick right before me. I've got the 12th pick in the draft so I have swing picks. I was thinking in the 16th rd would be a good spot.

Hoping you guys can provide some insight on how you feel about where to draft him.
brooklynborn82
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YankeeGiant32 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 am

That might be too late. That's almost where his ADP is. I think if you really want him you have to take him a round earlier. But think about it this way, he might get the call up in June and you'll have a SS who hits 15 HRs and 10 steals in the second half. I'm hoping people are focusing more on Buxton, Abreu, and Springer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YankeeGiant32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Re: What rd. for Javier Baez? (WHIR)

Postby javens » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 am

The numbers that the above poster spit out seem a little too generous to me. If Baez comes up and hits 15 second half homers you're looking at first rounder in 2015. IF you think that that he is capable of doing that then I wouldn't wait until the 16th round and risk getting jumped by another owner. I like Baez as much as the next guy, but we shouldn't we forget that he started the year in A ball last year.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=467340
javens
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Re: What rd. for Javier Baez? (WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 am

If you really want to grab him I would look to round 14-16. Grab him in the 14th if no one has taken him yet. A power hitting SS is hard to come by and if you can lock him up for years then it is worth it.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=467411
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2076)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions